Powered by Outside

Training for 4X racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Training for 4X racing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 10:26 Quote
hi. i'm 14 and i want to get into some 4X races either this summer or next year. i need tips on how to train for it. i already do riding on a 4x course but what else should i do? i already ride dh,fr,xc,am and also do some jumping. i also do running. what sort of runs should i do? sprint or long distance or both? i also have some dumbells so is that good?

thanks for any advice

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 10:31 Quote
Go down to your local BMX track, ride the 4x at Harthill and generally build up your skills. Keep up what your doing and your stamina will be great for racing. Maybe go and watch a couple of races to see how it all works and at the start of next season sign yourself up on the NPS website. I might start racing too next season if I get good enough during the summer. Smile Hope that helps bro Wink

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
funkymonkey144 wrote:
Go down to your local BMX track, ride the 4x at Harthill and generally build up your skills. Keep up what your doing and your stamina will be great for racing. Maybe go and watch a couple of races to see how it all works and at the start of next season sign yourself up on the NPS website. I might start racing too next season if I get good enough during the summer. Smile Hope that helps bro Wink
thanks. i haven't got a bmx track locally but delamere is only 9mins by train and i'm going to start going after school and on weekends in a week. it could be a struggle getting to harthill but i'll try to go there at least once every 2 months

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 at 10:26 Quote
i know this thread is a few years old but I am in a similar situation and i live in the same area.
did you ever get in to 4x and could you recommend a 4x bike i have a relatively low budget and currently ride a merida matts custom and im unsure was thinking of buying an old stp to get started any help would be amazing. thanks

Posted: Dec 26, 2013 at 4:54 Quote
Ellisht wrote:
i know this thread is a few years old but I am in a similar situation and i live in the same area.
did you ever get in to 4x and could you recommend a 4x bike i have a relatively low budget and currently ride a merida matts custom and im unsure was thinking of buying an old stp to get started any help would be amazing. thanks
Hi, have look around for a bike, I recomend a comencal absolut. About the riding, dirt jumps are good training so is bmx track. Really you just need to get fit and good at jumping

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008276
Mobile Version of Website