Should I put pegs on?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Should I put pegs on?
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 18:31 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
ok cool. I'm new to whole pegs thing, so do I have to get a guard that's made specifically for my hub? Or are the ones out there that are universal? (b/c I have just a stock joytech). What are some examples of ones that are universal. Thanks in advance for any help Smile
Well i'd go with the mk3 gland hub guards! there smooth and they last. But i would recommend hub guards only becuase a couple buddys of mine just broke their hubs from grinding. and without the rim looks like shit. but good luck with grinding(Y)

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 18:32 Quote
flameskuller33 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
ok cool. I'm new to whole pegs thing, so do I have to get a guard that's made specifically for my hub? Or are the ones out there that are universal? (b/c I have just a stock joytech). What are some examples of ones that are universal. Thanks in advance for any help Smile
Well i'd go with the mk3 gland hub guards! there smooth and they last. But i would recommend hub guards only becuase a couple buddys of mine just broke their hubs from grinding. and without the rim looks like shit. but good luck with grinding(Y)

ummmm.... what if that is out of stock at my LBS, which gives me sweet discounts? Are there any other good ones?

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 18:34 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
flameskuller33 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

ummmm.... what if that is out of stock at my LBS, which gives me sweet discounts? Are there any other good ones?
Well from what i've heard, any hub guard will work.What i was trying to say was , if your looking for something good and cheap go with the mk3 gland , but any hub guard will work if you get it on your hub.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 18:40 Quote
flameskuller33 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:
flameskuller33 wrote:

Well from what i've heard, any hub guard will work.What i was trying to say was , if your looking for something good and cheap go with the mk3 gland , but any hub guard will work if you get it on your hub.

ok, cool. Thanks for the help Big Grin

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
flameskuller33 wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

ok, cool. Thanks for the help Big Grin
No prob, good luck .

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 19:01 Quote
I never had a hubguard, but i know that some hubguards wont fit on ur wheel/frame. Go to ur local bike store and ask them which one would fit. Have fun!

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 19:18 Quote
sjv13 wrote:

ummm to be honest i dont know exactly, but the ones i have are Gsport hub guards and i have put them on many different kinds of hubs. so im sure theyll work for you to.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 20:56 Quote
i-bmx wrote:
honestly, theres no point in bmx if you dont ride pegs.
BMX stands for Bicycle Motocross, so I suggest you STFU.

Anyone with an inch of imagination can ride street well without pegs. Just look at Garrett Byrnes....... No more need to be said.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 22:38 Quote
i-bmx wrote:

This answer is just plain stupid!

I most likely have been riding BMX longer than you have been alive,I have never ran pegs on any of my bikes.

.....then again,I guess it was pointless riding all these years without pegs,since your the expert and all.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
i-bmx wrote:
wtf who rides dirt with pegs wats the piont of pegs on dirt.and u dont need them to ride park either you can still jump withot pegs so wtf man

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 23:40 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Do people no longer have the ability to just go out and do something without getting confirmation from someone first? Just like the stupid brakeless threads, the only person who can tell you if its fun or hard to learn is you and the only way you will find out is to get out there and try it.

Srsly man.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 0:59 Quote
Lancaster81 wrote:
i-bmx wrote:
BMX stands for Bicycle Motocross, so I suggest you STFU.

Anyone with an inch of imagination can ride street well without pegs. Just look at Garrett Byrnes....... No more need to be said.
Truth...

anyway, just go out there and find out for yourself if pegs are for you. tup

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 1:01 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Do people no longer have the ability to just go out and do something without getting confirmation from someone first? Just like the stupid brakeless threads, the only person who can tell you if its fun or hard to learn is you and the only way you will find out is to get out there and try it.

I swear this is the only guy left on this board with any sense.

OP, everytime i come on here you have at least two threads on the first page asking for peoplet to tell you what to do with BMX. are you so unimaginative that you cant decide what grips to get for yourself or what you want to do when riding your bike?

pegs are like $10, get some and try it, howre people on here going to tell you what you like?

btw, in my experience glands arent very effective for protecting anything. I too had a no name hub (salt) and i bought the fbm guard. It took a bit of forcing to get it in there but im really happy with it. its quite large and definitely saved my spokes/hubs from my numerous loose grinds.

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 1:03 Quote
agreed just go by some pegs and see if its 4 you if not u lost $10

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
put pegs on and grind!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014327
Mobile Version of Website