Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Collaboration video project - Amateur Videogragher group
Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
You guys should edit your own segments but keep the same fonts and effects through out the film, know what I'm saying? If some on has a segment where everything fades in nicely and is in time with the music and then someone makes one that completely goes against the music and has all these weird transitions and stuff. It could make the film look less co-lab? IMO

Yea I would really want to edit my own segment but we all had like the same way of edting it... how long will our segments be?

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:26 Quote
what say we all edit our own segments, to the music, and then send them to someone like Spike or Kiwi and they colour correct and add titles so the fonts are all the same, just my opinion but i think it would work best that way.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:45 Quote
DirtBagMedia wrote:
what say we all edit our own segments, to the music, and then send them to someone like Spike or Kiwi and they colour correct and add titles so the fonts are all the same, just my opinion but i think it would work best that way.
That means you would have to save your segments as project files instead of rendered videos. You would also have to send them the raw footage/clipboard too. So I can't really see that happening. I reckon this should just be a free to view film for everyone on pinkbike. Don't worry about making DVD's, it will never get that far.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
DirtBagMedia wrote:
That means you would have to save your segments as project files instead of rendered videos. You would also have to send them the raw footage/clipboard too. So I can't really see that happening. I reckon this should just be a free to view film for everyone on pinkbike. Don't worry about making DVD's, it will never get that far.

I'm going to bring it to film festivals for sure. And there shouldn't be anything stopping us from individually selling DVDs of the finished product (just use music we have rights to).

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:56 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
DirtBagMedia wrote:
Agreed, that way we won't have to worry about music rights quite as much

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 13:58 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
DirtBagMedia wrote:
well i dont know much about that kinda stuff haha, i just film, edit, export as whatever and load it up on PB Razz so whatever works for everybody else works for me !

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 14:42 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
DirtBagMedia wrote:
And tbh, I don't think people are going to be able to get rights to the music they want to use, so if we keep it free, the sponsors get free publicity, people get interested and bigger and better things can happen Smile

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
yeah sounds a better idea.
Is anyone going to make a private thread? don't want all of these ideas leaking too much Big Grin

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
ih-sam wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
And tbh, I don't think people are going to be able to get rights to the music they want to use, so if we keep it free, the sponsors get free publicity, people get interested and bigger and better things can happen Smile

True. Either way I'm good with it. But what sponsors are we talking about here? We had enough trouble as it is getting the 4 or 5 sponsors that we have now...

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
yeah sounds a better idea.
Is anyone going to make a private thread? don't want all of these ideas leaking too much Big Grin

Can't make it so that you can't see the tread, only so that you can't post in it. I asked Radek. But we're going to get together the final list of who's doing what ASAP so then we can just do an email circle.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
f*ck selling it as a DVD. What happened to people just wanting to get their name out.

I'm not planning on selling anything until I'm established as a videographer as there's just no point. Why start selling DVD's when you're shit then people won't buy your next one?

Anyway, don't sell it as a DVD.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 21:16 Quote
I have not really read much of the previous comments, but i am quite interested in making a segment, This season i will be documenting my team's races (Adrenalineracer) and I will be filming quite a few DH promos. I would like to make a segment for the video if it is not too late, let me know what you think and such.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 23:33 Quote
timlake wrote:
f*ck selling it as a DVD. What happened to people just wanting to get their name out.

I'm not planning on selling anything until I'm established as a videographer as there's just no point. Why start selling DVD's when you're shit then people won't buy your next one?

Anyway, don't sell it as a DVD.
Thats kind of what Stu was saying at the weekend, Victory was released way too early for MTBcut and was a flop. I can't be arsed with selling DVDs for my film this year because lets be honest no one will buy them.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2010 at 12:23 Quote
k, just got my internet back, and read 5 pages of stuff. ill try and get my lbs to sponsor it. i think we should send a flash drive in an envelope around with our stuff on it. would bve coool to get it on DVD. ill be ffilmin g DJs or trails, with hopefully jordan kurucz, an x fusion rider. bye!

O+
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 15:59 Quote
what about a name? we should make a teaser too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019230
Mobile Version of Website