Any one else have the clicking problem in there Crank ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Any one else have the clicking problem in there Crank ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 6:30 Quote
ive seen alot of people looking for a solution to fix the clicking problem coming from their crank well i have had the exact same problem its a pain in the arse i no how you feel its soo iritating here is how i fixed mine :

it was obviosly my bottom bracket that was making the sound so ive tried everything GREASED it and i mean covered the bracket in grease haha had a little luck for about 2 minutes of riding until i came to a hill anoyyying alright lol Next thing i tried was cleaning the whole bottom bracket getting rid of all the grease i slaped on to start again once i done this i poured alot of 3 IN 1 oil in the bottom bracket it worked for another 2 minuted my next thing to try was copper grease it is supose to stop CLICKING AND ALL NOISES from your bottom bracket sais the bike mechanic lol well no luck there peeps :/ WD40 was next on the list i aleast put half a can in there no luck again !

thoose things could work for you but not for me

MY FIXING ...........

i couldnt beleive it when i fixed it the joy of no nois Smile so here it is i am afraid of over tightening thing and when i put one side of the bottom bracket in it makes the exact same nois as the crank does when pressure on it and if yu heare a click nois like that when putting in a new part you dont want to tighten it any more do you lol well i was that pissed off when i was tightening it it cliked about 6 times until it was realy tight and i mean tight and OMG when i put my crank on and cycled to test it no click even a big hill wouldnt make it click so my problem has been solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give it a try someone must have the same problem as me Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007859
Mobile Version of Website