Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
TNFking wrote:
Like one on mine. Feels good at 150mm. Probably going to do a 150mm Pike on my new Trabce if and when I get it.

would love to have a Pike, alot of good reviews on those..

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 13:51 Quote
Ya. Want to pull the trigger on the frame before it is sold. On here, and XL, will get it at $1200, can just run like a 35 mm stem or so, it'll work. I can rock a L frame, so it should work.

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
TNFking wrote:
Ya. Want to pull the trigger on the frame before it is sold. On here, and XL, will get it at $1200, can just run like a 35 mm stem or so, it'll work. I can rock a L frame, so it should work.

yeah.. but is there any 35mm stems that fits with overdrive 2

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 13:55 Quote
Just get a new headset. Don't want to deal with the overdrive stuff and get a fork that fits it.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
so, anyone had a chance to ride yet?

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 19:13 Quote
Ya, ridden on my icey road, around town, ate crap. And that Trance got sold, so no go there. May buy a lowered Totem for my Trance for shiggles.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
WonderAnt10 wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:
Not the greatest photo, but I'm pretty much done my Trance build. Just waiting for the snow to melt so I can shred some trail! I've gone for a "enduro"style build, with a SR Suntour Auron TA (140-160mm), Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 for the bigger hits and then finished it up last night with Zee brakes. I tend to ride a lot of all-mounatin trails but my buddies like when I can come along and ride with them at the bikepark. I can't wait to see how this bike rides.

New updated picture of my 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

looking good!

Thanks!

Nice bike dude! Btw, whats the torque specs on the shock? Did you use the stock hardware mounts when you upgraded to Monarch Plus, or did you have to buy new sets of bolts and what nots? Im looking into doing the swap in the near future, and I want to make sure I do it properly since ive never done it before.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
Kamao wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

looking good!

Thanks!

Nice bike dude! Btw, whats the torque specs on the shock? Did you use the stock hardware mounts when you upgraded to Monarch Plus, or did you have to buy new sets of bolts and what nots? Im looking into doing the swap in the near future, and I want to make sure I do it properly since ive never done it before.

Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. I just used the stock hardware that was from the Monarch I had. I was also asked by someone else about what "tune" I'm running on it and I'm just as well running it stock from out of the box. I actually haven't ridden the bike yet since there is a ton of snow here. Another month and I'll be out on the trails.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
I see. What about the torque specs? I cant seem to find the specs anywhere. Its a sweet ride for sure. Had mine out for a couple of rides last weekend.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
Kamao wrote:
I see. What about the torque specs? I cant seem to find the specs anywhere. Its a sweet ride for sure. Had mine out for a couple of rides last weekend.
Giant has the torque specs somewhere online but I just tightened it like any other bolt. It has thread locker on it so I'm not too worried of it coming loose.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 17:13 Quote
WonderAnt10 wrote:
Kamao wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. I just used the stock hardware that was from the Monarch I had. I was also asked by someone else about what "tune" I'm running on it and I'm just as well running it stock from out of the box. I actually haven't ridden the bike yet since there is a ton of snow here. Another month and I'll be out on the trails.

so much snow in quebec too, god I hate winter!

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 17:16 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:
Kamao wrote:

so much snow in quebec too, god I hate winter!
Yeah I know, me tooFrown

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 19:53 Quote
Hey guys, I'm building a new 2014 trance advanced 27.5 and have been trying to determine between 140, 150, or 160 for the fork. At the moment I'm sliding towards the 160 in either the pike or new 36. Has anyone ridden the new 27.5 at any of those different travel amounts?

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 19:59 Quote
I have a Sr Suntour Auron with 140-160 travel adjust. The 140mm feels best when normal trail riding. Only when I ride at the bike Park or for long downhill sections I just it in the 160 setting. The bike has a slacker angle in full extension and feels better at high speed I noticed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033849
Mobile Version of Website