Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
Oh cool, still undecided but I'll post the full build with a pic when I'm finished Smile just can't wait to rip up the trails with this new beast ha ha

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 7:12 Quote
I'm thinking I will get a Marz 55CR for my Trance, lower it to 150mm, and then hopefully do at least one neduro this summer on it or my Marley. Have a week off that my aquatic Center is closed, and have and enduro I think that week.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:12 Quote
I was finally able to get my first ride this weekend, I'm starting to get more confident on my bike and I'm wondering, what's would you consider to be the limit of a Trance? I know alot of you guys have one, what's the biggest thing you've done with it, personnal experience or anything!

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:18 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
I was finally able to get my first ride this weekend, I'm starting to get more confident on my bike and I'm wondering, what's would you consider to be the limit of a Trance? I know alot of you guys have one, what's the biggest thing you've done with it, personnal experience or anything!

I too would like to know. I'm selling my DH bike for a Trance SX and am curious on how hard they can be pushed. I don't want to feel too limited by what I believe the bike can handle

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:35 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

I too would like to know. I'm selling my DH bike for a Trance SX and am curious on how hard they can be pushed. I don't want to feel too limited by what I believe the bike can handle

The Trance SX is pretty similar to the old Reign, it would be pretty good for AM/Enduro

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

Mine is an '09, and I've done some drops, jumps, etc. on mine. Not anything too huge, but more in the light AM region, if anything. And done some XC racing on that bad boy. Mine only has 5" in the rear, never once used it all, but it is really plush. Has 6" in the front and bottomed that out once on a huck to slope jump, and landed short on some rocks. Defo the new ones are a great AM/Enduro/aggressive trail bikes, and can climb well, and handle downs well. The MTBR review of them said they were good, but not as good on decents as others, but still capable. Feels good in the air, and is light enough to whip around, and slack enough to feel comfortable while hauling ass like sea bass. Mine is pretty steep, like 69.5 degrees for the HA, but still is pretty good on downs. Will give more opinions if you want. Hard to type this on a phone!

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:47 Quote
TNFking wrote:
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:

Mine is an '09, and I've done some drops, jumps, etc. on mine. Not anything too huge, but more in the light AM region, if anything. And done some XC racing on that bad boy. Mine only has 5" in the rear, never once used it all, but it is really plush. Has 6" in the front and bottomed that out once on a huck to slope jump, and landed short on some rocks. Defo the new ones are a great AM/Enduro/aggressive trail bikes, and can climb well, and handle downs well. The MTBR review of them said they were good, but not as good on decents as others, but still capable. Feels good in the air, and is light enough to whip around, and slack enough to feel comfortable while hauling ass like sea bass. Mine is pretty steep, like 69.5 degrees for the HA, but still is pretty good on downs. Will give more opinions if you want. Hard to type this on a phone!

thanks for the info, I'm looking more into drops/jumps, because I'm hiting 1-2 feet drops to flat and some 3+ to tranny almost every ride, I'm wondering if it can withstand that abuse over a long period of time (like 5+ years) it does feel very plush the way I set it up, I use 130mm of travel (I have 140mm) on the big drops and doesn't feel harsh or anything, but I don't want to damadge the frame!

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:58 Quote
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
TNFking wrote:
mtnbkrforlife wrote:

thanks for the info, I'm looking more into drops/jumps, because I'm hiting 1-2 feet drops to flat and some 3+ to tranny almost every ride, I'm wondering if it can withstand that abuse over a long period of time (like 5+ years) it does feel very plush the way I set it up, I use 130mm of travel (I have 140mm) on the big drops and doesn't feel harsh or anything, but I don't want to damadge the frame!
I think it will be good for that type of stuff. Just make sure to check for cracks every once in a while. I personally don't want to go over anything bigger than a foot and a half. But mine is a different frame, so who knows? With 140mm sounds like it would be good.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
TNFking wrote:
hardtailrider2013 wrote:
TNFking wrote:

I think it will be good for that type of stuff. Just make sure to check for cracks every once in a while. I personally don't want to go over anything bigger than a foot and a half. But mine is a different frame, so who knows? With 140mm sounds like it would be good.

Have you ever cracked a frame? Is Giant cool with warrantly?

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
im supose to get my trance this week can't wait

for the trance tuffness question i got a friend who got a 2012 trance and he has ride the local bike park with it, it wistan it but the gio was not the best for high speed trail, but he got no problem on big jump/drop, small rock/roots

just look at my video and chek for my race run video, he done this trail no problem, like i said the only problem he got was that the head angle was not slack enough so it was skechi at high speed

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 20:22 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
im supose to get my trance this week can't wait

for the trance tuffness question i got a friend who got a 2012 trance and he has ride the local bike park with it, it wistan it but the gio was not the best for high speed trail, but he got no problem on big jump/drop, small rock/roots

just look at my video and chek for my race run video, he done this trail no problem, like i said the only problem he got was that the head angle was not slack enough so it was skechi at high speed

Thanks! I'm pretty sure a Trance can withstand some pretty hard riding, I'm looking more into what sort of abuse it can take on a regular basis though.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
the frame will hold togeter, the component will broke before the frame (wheel, fork, shock)

and if you broke the frame giant give you life time warenty (if you are the original owner)

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
the frame will hold togeter, the component will broke before the frame (wheel, fork, shock)

and if you broke the frame giant give you life time warenty (if you are the original owner)

math, tu parle français? Razz

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Giant is great on the warrenty side of things, i've owned a lot of giants (6 so far) and currently race xc on the anthem (amazing bike). i push that bike as hard if not harder then my old 26 trance from 2008. im building up a new trance advanced and cant wait to ride everything from my local trails to some light park stuff every once and a while. the new trance handles amazingly and can prob handle more then the majority of us can throw at it, i mean we may get to the limits of our ability but deff not the bikes ha ha (i say this after watching the giant team riders Adam Craig and Matt Miller push the bikes faster and harder then i thought possible ha ha)

heres a pic of the frame im buildin ha ha so excited
new trance frame

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 5:23 Quote
Only tiff with Giant is the Overdrive 2 crap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012520
Mobile Version of Website