Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
does anyone know where to get avid codes front and rear 203mm brakes without costing the earth? even chainreaction is ridicilously expensive

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 3:07 Quote
Damn this made me laugh - Shame I can't help you though xD

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 3:10 Quote
Also cost in the fact they need a re bleed from new,codes are not worth the money in my opinion,and unless your fat they are total over kill.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 4:11 Quote
Above has the right idea. It really makes no sense having them

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 4:35 Quote
mate dont bother with codes, i ran them for about a year and they are just a pain. Get hope v2 and you wont be dissapointed.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 6:36 Quote
I basically want a brake that is stupidly powerfull. Im used to pretty crappy brakes that overheat straight away. Want something that will stop both wheels dead basically withought pulling the handle at all

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 6:38 Quote
You can't go far wrong with some Saint stoppers. . .
If you're looking for unique "Gatorbrake"s are powerful and smart. But pretty expensive

... Then you have Formulas... Goes without saying that they're expensive

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 6:40 Quote
yeah i was looking at saints online on chainreaction cycles and its only saying that its 124 a brake. Dosent give you an option with discs or anything so not sure if its just lever and caliper only

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 6:46 Quote
i can agree with the guy who suggested hope tech v2's, you can get them cheaper than CRC, i think 'The Bike Outlet York'does them cheaper Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:00 Quote
yeah looked there, looks good but they dont come without the vented rotar so its £150 a brake. I pobably want a 4 pot so it dosent loose any power on descents. Fed up with shitty brakes that means i have to grip the whole lever to try and stop

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:02 Quote
hmm, i got mine without vented rotors from there Confused

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:05 Quote
the X2 comes without the vented rotas but not the V2, how you find them anyway? do they heat up or loose any power on long descents, ie 6 mins of DH

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:07 Quote
not been on any 6min long Dh runs, living in a pretty flat area, but i find they don't lose power when the rotor is hot, great modulation, enough to fool my mate into thinking it has ABS lol (he isn't the brightest) also the power is great tup

and the v2 can come without vented rotors, vented is an optional extra..

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:10 Quote
No offence but codes do suck....

This may help
photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
Almost straight line for the saint.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020661
Mobile Version of Website