Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
Oh - unsure whether they make a Saint disc to fit 6hole hubs. So it might be a case of getting a different disc anyway

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 9:42 Quote
sasman52 wrote:
Oh - unsure whether they make a Saint disc to fit 6hole hubs. So it might be a case of getting a different disc anyway

The do a 6 bolt version, but they call it the XT disk I think, can't remember but they defo' do produce one Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:14 Quote
yer, i think it is the XT Smile

crappy centrelock systems, confusing us all Rolleyes

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
Ah I remember now - Should have known spent a while studying Saint brakes the other day - Only to realise I have a cheap ass CoyoteDH3 cus I'm a poor teenager xD

I do run the older Saint Cranks and the new Saint derailleur though. (Which was a great move by myself)
So If they can improve a bike as bad as mine surely the brakes could.

... As I said; I'd definitely suggest the Saint brakes though =D

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
i like the look of them, and was going to buy them, just the lack of induvidual spare parts worried me, as i always manage to break things Confused

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
i like the look of them, and was going to buy them, just the lack of induvidual spare parts worried me, as i always manage to break things Confused

We still discussing the Brakes, or general Saint kit? ... The brakes are a pain just to get everything day one, I can't imagine how awkward it might be to find spare parts... Known of my mates have ever had issues with them though. Then the derailleur; dayummm is that good.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
i was talking about brakes there

i have the saint short cage mech, flawless

apprently you can't get seal kits etc. just master cylinders and calipers Confused

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:37 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:

Center lock is the best system ever,and why the hell no one else uses it is beyond me.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
marquis wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

Center lock is the best system ever,and why the hell no one else uses it is beyond me.

My mates run the centrelock - They swear by it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:40 Quote
it's the fact that you have to have specific disc + hub, if all brake and hub company's used centrelock, it would be good, but because it's a shimano only thing, it annoy's me Really Mad

i agree it's a pretty simple and effective system though tup

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:40 Quote
sasman52 wrote:
marquis wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

My mates run the centrelock - They swear by it.

yes it's a faff as you need the shimano cassette tool as the park one isn't deep enough but it's better than stupid little bolts that always round out.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:41 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
it's the fact that you have to have specific disc + hub, if all brake and hub company's used centrelock, it would be good, but because it's a shimano only thing, it annoy's me Really Mad

i agree it's a pretty simple and effective system though tup

Shimano hubs are class for the price.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
i was talking about brakes there

i have the saint short cage mech, flawless

apprently you can't get seal kits etc. just master cylinders and calipers Confused

The short is amazing - never used the long though.

You can't? I'll have to look that up.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
if i ever came to run shiano brakes and hubs, i'd run centrelock, but i have no viable reason to swap out hubs and discs in my current economical condition lol

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 10:44 Quote
marquis wrote:
Shimano hubs are class for the price.

agreed. They look tidy too =P

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013445
Mobile Version of Website