2010 Suntour Durolux RCA, Anyone riding one?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 Suntour Durolux RCA, Anyone riding one?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 21:36 Quote
So I'm in the middle of building up my SC Bullit, next buy is wheels and forks, been looking at lyriks/36's/66's but want 180mm up front but saw these on CRC
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49118
Pretty cheap like half the price of lyrics but not gonna buy them if they're to shit,
Anyone riding them or seen them in action?

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
im in the same situation as you, ill let you know if i hear anything..

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 0:23 Quote
Sweet as, I've been looking but there are no solid reviews, some good vids of the forks on youtube but nothing on real nasty shit like I will be riding.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
my mate had some RST STORMs (very similar fork) which were ok, nice n plush, really light, (air one side spring the other) but they did start to have frequent problems within a few months of abuse. he regreased them n everything but still were sub standard.

he now has 2nd hand fox 36s and he says the difference is worth the money.

TBH at the end of the day, its SR Suntour, who may have upped their game slightly, but still their motto is to throw out kit as cheap as possible, which involves making sacrifices in build quality and manufacturing tollerances etc. you may be able to buy 2 or even 3 suntour forks for the price of a fox or RS but you know the old saying....

"if you pay two bob, you get a two bob job!"

I say - go for some good forks. Salute

Posted: Jan 19, 2011 at 19:19 Quote
Sorry to grave dig but wondering how this buy went. I am looking at the Durolux RCA rear shock

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 16:40 Quote
I'll be buying a Durolux fork in moth or two, so i'll post up about it.

Had a chance to put my hands on the Durlux RCA shock on the last mtb expo in Russia.
It felt pretty solid and quality was good.
And if i was looking for a budget-saver rear shock i would defently give that ona a try.
However no riding experience, so it is just an impression on how it feels in hands, not on the bike Wink

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 12:47 Quote
I run some rca ones they are amazing and half a kg ligher than the new 66 ti's which i was suprised about and also 1 kg little than the lowest down 66 but half the price they are amazingly plush. but at first leaked a little air as had been sitting round in a box so oil/stuff had evaporated as this so opened them up to change travel as can easyly be changed internaly to be 160/180/200 travel (does not say 200 on box but haddles it very well) and as i dont this put some vasaline on the seals which has stopped the leak perfectly the internals are easy to understand and servce your self saving you even more money. I have used them for nearly anything and they can handle it perfectly. Hope you have as much luck with yours as i am with mine niced forks i have ridden SO FAR i have used the new 66's/ 2007 66 ata/ 2007 Z1 sports / 55's 08 /dirt jumper 2's and 3's so on and these by far feel the best

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 13:37 Quote
I was really disapointed by dealer service here in Russia. Those folks have sold my PREPAID (20%) Durolux, and offered me to get another but for 150% of the previous deal. I was like LOL WUT!? Checked on CRC but there was no E2 versions. And then i ve got an offer for a new Totem RC2L 2step air for the same price. And know what? I ve ordered RS. However, i m sure that SrSuntour is putting alot of the effort to make their stuff work on the level of competition.
I'd be really happy to try them out in real life, and if i ll have a chance i'll defenetly post up.
Cheers!

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 14:29 Quote
yeh but how they work on a 2 minute ride doesnt compare to how long they last between services which is where the mainstream forks are strong.

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 14:32 Quote
i have used them now for 1 year and they have only had to be opened up when i wanted to change the travel and have not faulted me yet for use at 4x/dirt jumping/downhill freeride trail riding and i dont really give them it easy

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012323
Mobile Version of Website