Raw Eggs

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:07 Quote
i used to live in santa monica, where is it to there, far or not, i think im going back out in the winter to see friends and fam, and i miss the cal food soo bad, theres noting like it over here on the east.. Cry

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
i used to live in santa monica, where is it to there, far or not, i think im going back out in the winter to see friends and fam, and i miss the cal food soo bad, theres noting like it over here on the east.. Cry

its in cardiff. so prob a little ways away from where you are going.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:09 Quote
o well, i cant wait to go back out

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:44 Quote
I'm actually kinda tempted to try this...

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 12:50 Quote
its not actually bad for you, its just a higher chance of getting some virus. i know lots of people who do it, never tried though, but now im tempted:P

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
gabor wrote:
dec*nto wrote:
gabor wrote:

As far as I'm aware there's only one type of cholesterol. Care to elaborate?

Google it. It's pretty basic nutritional knowledge.
Cholesterol can be both good and bad (actually, it's essential to our cells), but that doesn't mean there are two types. Quick Google'd and Wikipedia'd, only returned one "type" of cholesterol.

I'll quote myself : "The only real study ever done, which concluded that eggs raise bad cholestoral, was done by The Cerial Board (biased much?!) it has since been proven that eggs raise the body's levels of good cholestoral." I never suggested good and bad cholestorol were two seperate entities. I made reference to how cholestorol can effect the body in different ways. You're taking things far too literally.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 13:26 Quote
besides all the talk, im gonna try this in like 10 mins lol

how should it be done?

just put it into a cup and drink it in one?

ill post a vid of it too if you want! hahaha

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 17:06 Quote
I'm not too certain about eating raw eggs or anything, but I've heard that if you pop a couple eggs in the microwave for 15 seconds, that should kill the risk of ghetto diseases??

MITCH

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 18:18 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
besides all the talk, im gonna try this in like 10 mins lol

how should it be done?

just put it into a cup and drink it in one?

ill post a vid of it too if you want! hahaha

Get a glass, put some milk in it, scramble it with a fork. It does'nt taste bad at all, an cholesteral is good as long as you burn it off! Infact it is good for you if you burn it off!

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:24 Quote
dec*nto: In that case, my apologies.
Mitch: The egg (including the middle of it) must reach at the very least 68-70 degrees Celsius, for a decent amount of time. Just as a reference, flash pasteurization of milk occurs at 72 degrees C for 15 seconds, or normal pasteurization at 65 degrees C for 30 minutes.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:34 Quote
What's the main nutritional difference between raw egg and say... Scrambled?

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:07 Quote
something to do with the hydrocarbon chains of fat in the egg being different when they're cooked.

this then makes it easier for digestion of the fats, whereas if you ate them raw the hydrocarbon chain (fatty acid) would be too long for it to be digested and would just pass through you instead of being absorbed and adding to your fat /cholestoral.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
gabor wrote:
dec*nto wrote:
gabor wrote:

As far as I'm aware there's only one type of cholesterol. Care to elaborate?

Google it. It's pretty basic nutritional knowledge.
Cholesterol can be both good and bad (actually, it's essential to our cells), but that doesn't mean there are two types. Quick Google'd and Wikipedia'd, only returned one "type" of cholesterol.

Well... I know cholesterol is cholesterol but there kind of is two types. Theres Dietary cholesterol that's only found in animals tissues. Eggs for example. And then theres blood serum, this one aids in blood clogging. Theres actually not even any evidence of dietary cholesterol (the eggs) having any beneficial effects. It raises both HDL and LDL. IMO I would never just eat eggs because I think its healthy. IMO its all sphycological (sp?).

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
clickityclack wrote:
Well... I know cholesterol is cholesterol but there kind of is two types. Theres Dietary cholesterol that's only found in animals tissues. Eggs for example. And then theres blood serum, this one aids in blood clogging. Theres actually not even any evidence of dietary cholesterol (the eggs) having any beneficial effects. It raises both HDL and LDL. IMO I would never just eat eggs because I think its healthy. IMO its all sphycological (sp?).

Not to sound like a douche, but did you even read what I posted, there is one type of cholesterol, the macro-molecule they form with Lipoproteins gets termed as being good or bad, but there still is only one type of cholesterol.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 at 16:28 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
clickityclack wrote:

Not to sound like a douche, but did you even read what I posted, there is one type of cholesterol, the macro-molecule they form with Lipoproteins gets termed as being good or bad, but there still is only one type of cholesterol.

Aha not at all. And I know that. But I'm under the impression that HDL and LDL are parts of trans fatty acids but are closely related to cholesterol. LDL is fat droplets coated by protien so it can travel through the bloodstream easier. HDL picks up the cholesterol and carrys it to the liver where it can be removed from the body. I'm under the impression that cholesterol us just lipids, some which are good (creates vitamen D and strengthen cell membranes) and some that are bad (clog arteries and such). Correct me if I'm wrong with anything here. Your liver makes blood serum, animals make dietary cholesterol? Is that not two forms, or does where it come from not make a difference?

Edit: I'm not starting an argument, I'm actually learning about trans fats and cholesterol at school right now, more or less gaining some extra info on the subject.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012774
Mobile Version of Website