RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: May 2, 2020 at 20:15 Quote
The knob is stuck you need to grab the blue knob and turn the silver knob to free it

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
Never would have thought that it was just stuck thanks for the help.

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 21:20 Quote
awesomemtb4 wrote:
Never would have thought that it was just stuck thanks for the help.

Next time you take off the silver knob grab it with some pliers and then turn the Allen key and repeat the process to put it back on

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
Tips/ tricks/ DIY for installing Lyrik seals without the $20 chunk of plastic tool?

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Tips/ tricks/ DIY for installing Lyrik seals without the $20 chunk of plastic tool?

I used a piece of 1.5 inch pcv pipe ground down a bit on the outside to fit the lowers

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
I guys i have a totem with misson control dh , and the damper has no affect on the fork´s performance . I have a blue spring on it with full preload spaccers and i only weight 130lbs and i find myself bottoming out all the time , i rebuilt the damper hoping that my fork would finally work properly but no it has till no dampening even with 15wt oil.
Can someone help with this ?
Thanks.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
I guys i have a totem with misson control dh , and the damper has no affect on the fork´s performance . I have a blue spring on it with full preload spaccers and i only weight 130lbs and i find myself bottoming out all the time , i rebuilt the damper hoping that my fork would finally work properly but no it has till no dampening even with 15wt oil.
Thanks.
Did you put oil in the correct part of the fork? Does your remind control function?

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Thanks.
Did you put oil in the correct part of the fork? Does your remind control function?

Thanks.Yes i did put the oil on the righ stanchion , what do you mean with remind control function.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Thanks.

Thanks.Yes i did put the oil on the righ stanchion , what do you mean with remind control function.
Rebound* if one adjustment is working and the other is not we can troubleshoot potential issues.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Rebound* if one adjustment is working and the other is not we can troubleshoot potential issues.

Yes , the rebound works well.

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:

Yes , the rebound works well.
Okay something is up with your compression stack, the rod that connects the knobs to the actual adjuster is known to break which may be part of your issue.

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
hi all I seem to be suffering with a issue on my fork( 2019 160mm lyric) after and lower leg service, I was having issues with suck down, I had a blocked negative air port so I strip the air shaft out to remove the excess grease etc which there was a lot, hoping that would have solved the issue, but I'm still experiencing a similar issue where my fork sits on the 10% sag for 160mm and after a run the top of 10% is level with my seal, so Im still experiencing suck down, what could be causing this, could I have negative air trapped in my lowers? or still a issue with the air shaft, forks are only a year old, I am waiting for the upgrade for the air shaft, so will open them back up again then to fit a check everything is correct, any help would be very useful thank you
I'll post a pic tomorrow of where my fork sits before and a run.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
Hey guys. Been searching everywhere for months with no luck for a medium or firm (red or blue) u-turn coil assembly for a 26" lyrik. It's almost as if they never existed. Does anyone know where to find one or have anything lying around? I currently have a soft coil in there but I recently moved to a significantly flatter city and could use a firmer setup.

Thanks!!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
Does anybody have a soft or medium spring for a 2010 lyrik u-turn? I handed down my beloved Sinister Gruitr to my younger cousin, but she just doesn't weigh enough to use the travel. I have an x-firm spring in there right now. I'd love to swap that out for her to make the bike more useful. She's 150 pounds, so the soft makes the most sense.

I have a soft coil in mine. Looking for a med or firm for mine. X-firm seems a little much for my needs though. Would you happen to have a firm (blue)? I would happily trade for that!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
I literally yesterday got one delivered off ebay after the 2step Air spring in the lyrik on the beater bike I've built up for the girlfriends little brother crapped the bed, that's probably your best option, just keep searching on the buy/sell section of here, eBay, Facebook etc and hopefully you'll get lucky. I couldn't believe my luck, the day it failed, 10 minutes of searching and it was ordered, I was expecting to have to replace the fork (straight steerer, 160 travel 20mm axle, literal rocking horse shit)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013104
Mobile Version of Website