Stripped nuts

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Stripped nuts
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
why the hell do most nuts seem to stripp out and wont fit the allen wrench after only a few times of tighting or looseing it. maybe its just my luck but is there different nuts that are made out somthing else that i can get?

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
coilerdeluxe wrote:
why the hell do most nuts seem to stripp out and wont fit the allen wrench after only a few times of tighting or looseing it. maybe its just my luck but is there different nuts that are made out somthing else that i can get?
Because you suck at doing them up?
you have to push and keep the allen key actually in the bolt or it will come out and strip the bolt, so be a little bit more careful, it doesn't take much to make sure its in properly does it?

If you are talking about wheel nuts i suggest you use a proper sized wrench instead of an adjustable and you wont possibly be able to strip them. Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:18 Quote
hey i do. its like just one time it slipps then im skrewed. right now i was tryin to loosen the two nuts in the stem that clamp it to the fork so i could tighten my headset, and one is stripped ut now and i cant loosen it

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
coilerdeluxe wrote:
hey i do. its like just one time it slipps then im skrewed. right now i was tryin to loosen the two nuts in the stem that clamp it to the fork so i could tighten my headset, and one is stripped ut now and i cant loosen it
sucks to be you, uses quality tools next time, and be more careful, that's the only way round it.
Now you will have to either drill it out or use a saw, cut a slit in it and uses a screwdriver.

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:23 Quote
aww shitter,oh well

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
coilerdeluxe wrote:
aww shitter,oh well
New bolts are cheap as chips, Most Diy places may even have them. But it is good to inves it quality allen-keys and not be as ham fisted as you have been, if its starting to slip and strip you are doing it wrong and you need to put it in properly or apply less force, they are only little bolts at the end of the day. Wink

Live and learn. tup

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
whats wrong with your testicles?

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:01 Quote
Here's a question for you are you useing the proper metric sized bits or the outdated imperial ones?

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:07 Quote
fireninja wrote:
Here's a question for you are you useing the proper metric sized bits or the outdated imperial ones?

He lives in the states. Most likely the shit he is using is Imperial.

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
Ok, i'm just gonna say this, Every time a BMXer comes into my shop looking for a tune up, i actually don leather gloves. Why? Because every single one of them (except for one or two) tightens the holy living piss out of every f*cking fastener on the bike... I don't wanna bust my knuckles... DON'T f*ckIN DO IT!

It's common (at least 3 times a week) for them to come in with a stripped fastener somewhere on the bike.

Vent over...

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:34 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
Ok, i'm just gonna say this, Every time a BMXer comes into my shop looking for a tune up, i actually don leather gloves. Why? Because every single one of them (except for one or two) tightens the holy living piss out of every f*cking fastener on the bike... I don't wanna bust my knuckles... DON'T f*ckIN DO IT!

It's common (at least 3 times a week) for them to come in with a stripped fastener somewhere on the bike.

Vent over...

Wear leather gloves ?

And yes. Too many people over tighten shit. It pisses the whole lot of us off. Then they go and use Imperial shit on a metric nut. Smooth.

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
leather gloves so i don't split my knuckles open when the bastard finally breaks loose

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
that doesn't make any sense

Posted: Jul 9, 2010 at 20:37 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
that doesn't make any sense
how?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011284
Mobile Version of Website