Thoughts on the Answer Pro Taper 780 DH Riser Bar?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Thoughts on the Answer Pro Taper 780 DH Riser Bar?
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 3:06 Quote
I've tried a lot of bars and I'm now on the 2013 Pro Taper 780 (black/white). Best bar I've used.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 11:19 Quote
Haha i know your point, i run an older protaper 780 and it's a really good bar. Although i would like to try the renthal

Posted: Jan 8, 2014 at 3:29 Quote
rstwosix wrote:
I've tried a lot of bars and I'm now on the 2013 Pro Taper 780 (black/white). Best bar I've used.
My Coiler
My Coiler
The bar came with white stripes along the front which I removed (with acetone) for a cleaner look.

Posted: Feb 3, 2014 at 10:57 Quote
mwilliams wrote:
Ha yeah, but if they can make a quality mx bar I'm sure they will make a quality dh bar.
Not true.
I have answer protaper 780dh and they just feel dead. Really ruined the feel of my bike. Now on Easton havens, much better geo.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 2:50 Quote
cyfa89 wrote:
mwilliams wrote:
Ha yeah, but if they can make a quality mx bar I'm sure they will make a quality dh bar.
Not true.
I have answer protaper 780dh and they just feel dead. Really ruined the feel of my bike. Now on Easton havens, much better geo.

Please explain further.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
Too stiff, poor geo. Hurt my wrists as I recall.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
Personell preference really then, feel fine to me and don't hurt my wrists.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 9:16 Quote
Of course, it is.

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
my protapers are scarily flexy? :--?

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 11:52 Quote
I'm running an older pro taper on my Balfa that measures in at about 810mm (on my unofficial ruler).
I love it, never had an issue with it, but I agree with the orange/red colouring comments. Matches my bike perfectly though =]

They are stiff, and for some reason the ends on mine are sharp (I put some screw-in bar ends on it) but they work better than I expected for a bar I picked up on a whim for $20 at a community sale.

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 11:03 Quote
How strange. I found the b52 I have really flexy.
The red on the answers isn't the greatest because of the finish before anodizing. Shot blast is it? To spread the stresses.

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 2:39 Quote
The next bar I'd like to try is Renthal 780. They have a different sweep which I'm interested to try. Unfortunately I hate the gold colour - wish they did a black version.

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
Can the handlebar be use on a xc bike and which stem is compatible with it?

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
If you so desire, although they make an XC specific bar. And any stem designed for an oversize bar will fit

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 15:06 Quote
I ran it on my XC bike (trek marlin) and while slightly too wide for most tight trails it worked great. Made it a bit more of a trail bike though, definitely less XC stance.

You will need the large stem (can't recall exact mm) but in my case I had a spare unicycle laying around that I traded my LBS for a decent stem that fit. =]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020542
Mobile Version of Website