New Brakes?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
Been thinking about getting a new rear brake for my DH bike.
Avid Elixir CR? WHat do you guys think? open for suggestions!

http://www.bikebling.com/Avid-Elixir-CR-Carbon-Disc-Brakes-White-Carbon-200-p/avid09-elixir-cr-discbrakes-wc.htm?1=1&CartID=1

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 16:20 Quote
just rode a day in whistler bike park on a session with those, and one word i can use for them is sweet! they are so well thought out, with the lever that is secure but will move out the way if you crash and there is just a huge amount of power in them. the adjustment makes little difference but these brakes are the best iv tried. thats putting them up against hope, the lower end elixirs and formula DH brakes. if you can afford it, no doubt go for it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 16:20 Quote
I dont own them, but i know some people who have them and they can't complain. I am thinking of getting them too.

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 16:37 Quote
mrfast wrote:
just rode a day in whistler bike park on a session with those, and one word i can use for them is sweet! they are so well thought out, with the lever that is secure but will move out the way if you crash and there is just a huge amount of power in them. the adjustment makes little difference but these brakes are the best iv tried. thats putting them up against hope, the lower end elixirs and formula DH brakes. if you can afford it, no doubt go for it.

Thanks man! I know A few people who have them too and love them. Big Grin

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
check this out before buying...someone put a load of time into it!

rated and graphs every brake you can think of in dry and wet conditions

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/disc-brake-systems/product/juicy-35-10-37549[/L]

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
just realized the link isn't working...if you want shoot me your email and I will send you the graphs!

I have them saved in jpeg format!

Cheers.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008522
Mobile Version of Website