Banshee Legend Mk II

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Banshee Legend Mk II
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 17:35 Quote
been using a manatou revox shock for 3 years, it's been working great.

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 4:15 Quote
So I just dissasembled my Legend to replace the bearings (what a PITA!) and have the shock bolts here. One of them has a washer and I forgot if the washer is for the upper or lower shock mount. My guess would be the washer has to be applied to the bolt which goes straigth into the frame. #amiright?

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 4:32 Quote
Hope this helps:

photo

MindPatterns wrote:
So I just dissasembled my Legend to replace the bearings (what a PITA!) and have the shock bolts here. One of them has a washer and I forgot if the washer is for the upper or lower shock mount. My guess would be the washer has to be applied to the bolt which goes straigth into the frame. #amiright?

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 at 5:23 Quote
krisdaphrk wrote:
Hope this helps...

Yeah I've already taken a look at it but the washer is nowhere to be found there...

Posted: Aug 8, 2014 at 2:15 Quote
As far as i remember mine came with the washer installed on the front triangle shock bolt. On the link it didnt have a washer but i added very thin one myself. Didnt want to mark the sweet red ano from removing the shock quite a few times to get it dialed.

MindPatterns wrote:
krisdaphrk wrote:
Hope this helps...

Yeah I've already taken a look at it but the washer is nowhere to be found there...

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 10:17 Quote
How she ended the season
Took a beating this summer and this is how she ended up. Still going strong into its 5th season.

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 7:14 Quote
Does anyone know what color the new 2015's are?
I just cracked mine in 3 places Frown

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 2:16 Quote
firefox6 wrote:
Does anyone know what color the new 2015's are?
I just cracked mine in 3 places Frown

Wow. How did this happen?

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 21:17 Quote
Sorry for the grave dig!

Does anyone have experience with a banshee legend, and a Demo 8?

I've had a mkII for a season and love the frame, it handles the fast technical very well. However, the rockshox vivid I bought it with feels like garbage, and the bike isn't very "poppy" at all. I'm looking for a bike that is and more playful and "jumpy". I'm considering upgrading to a ccda air, or selling it for a 2011+ demo. I really can't make up my mind and I don't have any access to try a demo.

Should I keep it or go for a demo with what I'm looking for out of a bike?

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 4:42 Quote
Sounds like the case of wrong rebound tune for the shock. I had the same situation with a shock valved for higher leverage frame and had too much rebound damping with the bike absorbing too much of any jump lip and not recovering from compression on time to feel the force of the lip against your feet needed for proper pop i need to clear a gap . The vivid itself is a good shock once set properly for the frame. No idea what tune you will need tho. Ccdb air is a good option and there is a good base settings for any frame on website. Never ridden a demo , but would be fair to get the most of the bike while you have it. Good luck.

mtbikeadam wrote:
Sorry for the grave dig!

I've had a mkII for a season and love the frame, it handles the fast technical very well. However, the rockshox vivid I bought it with feels like garbage, and the bike isn't very "poppy" at all. I'm looking for a bike that is and more playful and "jumpy". I'm considering upgrading to a ccda air, or selling it for a 2011+ demo. I really can't make up my mind and I don't have any access to try a demo.

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 13:25 Quote
mtbikeadam wrote:
Sorry for the grave dig!

I do not have any expedience with the demo but I do have about 5 years of riding legends.
Doesn't matter what shock is in the bike it is meant to be a ground hugging machine. That being said it should not feel like garbage. With the right tune it can jump fairly well but in terms of manuals and popping off of little lips that is not what the bike is meant to do, but it can with the right rider and suspension set up.
I find that Banshee recommends too much sag for my taste. Play with your turnings and find out what is right for what type of trails.
It is meant to slay technical terrain and get you down the mountain in the quickest lines possible.
I haven't heard good things about the vivid in the legend but cane creek products and fox work like a charm.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
Funny, I'm thinking of moving from a demo to a legend. Getting back into racing this year, and I don't much time airborne anyway. Any 6.1 riders on the XL frame, or have friends that do this?

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 6:18 Quote
tophHATESzmbies wrote:
Funny, I'm thinking of moving from a demo to a legend. Getting back into racing this year, and I don't much time airborne anyway. Any 6.1 riders on the XL frame, or have friends that do this?

I'm 5'8 and was on a Large frame (with a 15mms stem) it was perfect for racing.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 9:04 Quote
I've sat on my buddies xl he is 6'4" maybe. I'm 5'7" and I can ride it, just cant touch the ground with my feet. I'm picking up my new legend frame and stuff today!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016445
Mobile Version of Website