Lightweight 6" Travel Trail Bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Lightweight 6" Travel Trail Bike
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 15:18 Quote
I've got a 2008 Enduro SL, I love it. Climbs pretty well, my friend has a 29er Gary Fisher Excalibur hardtail, and I can climb just as fast as him.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 15:02 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
SpeshAllDay wrote:
RapidRob wrote:
I'm looking to buy a do-it-all trail bike with at least 6" of travel, and the lighter the better. Any suggestions? The Scott Genius is one of the considerations

Wait for the new genius 20. 29 lbs out of the box with 185mm rear and 180 front. Check out bikeradar.com for pics.

damn, that sounds pretty interesting for a long travel bike

Yeah that's the new genius LT (long travel), the normal genius is staying but the LT replaces the ransom. I test rode a 2010 genius 20 and to be honest I wasn't very impressed, I am more of a hardtail guy but I would suggest a lappierre spicy or specialized stumpjumper in 2011 there's a new 'evo' version with slightly more travel, basically a stumpy on steroids.

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 at 7:14 Quote
louisanphoto wrote:
I've got a 2008 Enduro SL, I love it. Climbs pretty well, my friend has a 29er Gary Fisher Excalibur hardtail, and I can climb just as fast as him.

i have the same bike, weighs in at 30 pounds, its been great to me....

Posted: Sep 20, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
Went ahead with Scott Genius, and have been tweaking it while my leg heals. Heres the specs: 2010 Genius 50 Aluminum Frame, 2011 Fox 36 Float, Equalizer T2 Rear Shock with 3 different Travel Modes, Daves Speed-dream wheels with I-9 hubs & Stanz rims, Crankbrothers CF Bars, Sram XO cassette, Sram X9 Shifters, Serfas Krest Tires, Avid Elixer Brakes, Alligator Starlite TI Rotors, Alligator I-Link Shift Cable. All weighing in at 28.7 Pounds.
photo
photo

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014833
Mobile Version of Website