Part Names & Abbreviations For Beginners

PB Forum :: Beginners
Part Names & Abbreviations For Beginners
Author Message
Posted: Sep 24, 2010 at 3:21 Quote
Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
Great forum, dont think iv seen anyone put this much effort in a long time Smile i learned a lot of stuff i overlooked when i started riding etc. so thanks everyone who contributed to make it Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 at 11:53 Quote
Sorry didnt mean to post this as well as other comment (N)

Posted: Dec 6, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
Anfanny1888 wrote:
Great forum, dont think iv seen anyone put this much effort in a long time Smile i learned a lot of stuff i overlooked when i started riding etc. so thanks everyone who contributed to make it Smile https://es.pinkbike.org/66/sprt/i/icon_salute.gif



Thanks for the feedback Salute :

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
great post , it explained a lot to me since im total noob (around a week in the topic) , one thing i couldnt find is how to measure the frame to work out its size (ive found some guides on youtube but i think it would be easy to put it here too)

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
Could you post the video link to the frame sizing and I'll add it.


Oh and thanks for the feedback!

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 14:30 Quote
Braincrush wrote:
great post , it explained a lot to me since im total noob (around a week in the topic) , one thing i couldnt find is how to measure the frame to work out its size (ive found some guides on youtube but i think it would be easy to put it here too)

Measure from the center of the bb shell to the top of the seat tube.

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
yup , cheers ive found the instructions on youtube , and just found out that my frame - cannondale chase (i think 1) is only about 15" which sounds tiny for my nearly 6'3" but it feels suprisingly comfy and natural Smile

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
Braincrush wrote:
yup , cheers ive found the instructions on youtube , and just found out that my frame - cannondale chase (i think 1) is only about 15" which sounds tiny for my nearly 6'3" but it feels suprisingly comfy and natural Smile

A lot of people look at the seat tube size being the most important,but in actuality it's the top tube length that makes the most difference,i'm 6,3 too and like around a 23/23.5 inch top tube,but on dj bikes like the chase the shorter top tube feels ok too.

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 15:13 Quote
oh , that makes sense now, my top tube is around 22" + DH primo stem ads bit to the distance Smile

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 at 22:36 Quote
All I have to say is WOW thanks

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 at 6:34 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
You're welcome.

You sir, are a man.

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 13:33 Quote
Pretty informative thread Razz something i would have included tho is lingo and a brief definition for the newbies


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019624
Mobile Version of Website