Need a New Camera and YOUR Help

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Need a New Camera and YOUR Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 16:48 Quote
I'm lookin for a camera to do Photos and Video. I don't want a camcorder that takes pictures. My debate is whether to go for a simple point and shoot or go for an SLR. I've been really liking the Canon T1i and 40D but I'm not sure as far as cameras go and video. I don't have a huge price range so please take that in consideration. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 14:49 Quote
JMoney53 wrote:
I'm lookin for a camera to do Photos and Video. I don't want a camcorder that takes pictures. My debate is whether to go for a simple point and shoot or go for an SLR. I've been really liking the Canon T1i and 40D but I'm not sure as far as cameras go and video. I don't have a huge price range so please take that in consideration. Thanks!
with out a doubt i would go with a dslr. the 40d doesnt do video but the 7d (http://www.henrys.ca/53874-CANON-EOS-7D-D-SLR-BODY.aspx) does and its pretty amazing. if you have small hands you could look into the t2i or if you like nikon there is the d5000 and the d90.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 at 15:47 Quote
ya, i wouldnt really look at the D40 if youre looking to possibly shoot video. The t2i looks sweet, but it sucks to hold (like short-circuit was saying).

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
Late reply but info for you if you have yet to purchase anything or for anyone that is thinking of getting something new.

A DSLR is a great choice but for video it is not as simple as pointing the camera at your subject and hitting record. If you have moving subjects you will be looking at getting some extra gear like a focus puller ( This is to track and keep in focus you subject.) They dont work the same as your point and shoot or camcorder you have to manually focus.

You mentioned you dont have a big budget so go with a point and shoot until you know exactly what it is you want and then go rent a 7d and good lens and see what you think.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011628
Mobile Version of Website