People willing to build at Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH

PB Forum :: USA - East
People willing to build at Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
Hey guys,
I've been talking to some of the management at Pat's Peak about getting permission to build some downhill trails. Right now I am still trying to just get permission. It would be easier to do this if Pat's knew there was an interest in trails. Is anyone around this area down to help build trails and ride there? It'd be sick to have a group of about 8-10 people to help build some trails and so there is more reason to allow us to build. If your interested post up on here or send me a PM.
Peace,
Ian

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 18:51 Quote
I live in Connecticut but DH there would be sweet and would give people in CT another close option along with the DH deprived people in Mass

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 8:40 Quote
I talked to the main dude and he said there is no way they can because of liability. Frown

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 9:55 Quote
Liability of people getting injured? Because in that case they have waivers that everyone signs

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 16:52 Quote
Yeah, I also think they just don't want people being there during banquets and shit

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 17:04 Quote
If they could get numbers from Diablo or Highland they could see how much they would benefit from it.

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
True. If someone wants to try and get it going that'd be sick but I need to focus on saving my local skatepark this summer.

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 8:07 Quote
One of the possible problems with volunteers is when they get sued.
For example: During a law suit the lawyer will want to see the plans on who built the trail or feature. What credentials they have, etc. This is very unfortunate, but the way it is.

Another real case example: Someone gets injured that would never be the kind of person to sue a bike park. However, medical bills are over 1/2 million dollars. Your lawyer then tells you that either you need to come up with the 1/2 million or he could just sue the ski area.

Yep. It sucks! The one sure way to get more features and trails built is by visiting your local dh park. They will then hire the trail builders, or have the staff needed to supervise. Hopefully we will soon have standards for building that would hold up in court.

Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 at 8:13 Quote
Thanks for the info mike!

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 12:25 Quote
I work at Ragged Mountain Resort year round. I have been interested in getting managment to build some DH and XC trails here. Do you guys think there would be some interest in lift serviced trails in central NH, that you could ride without needing a long travel bike?

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 12:31 Quote
Rally-Fast wrote:
I work at Ragged Mountain Resort year round. I have been interested in getting managment to build some DH and XC trails here. Do you guys think there would be some interest in lift serviced trails in central NH, that you could ride without needing a long travel bike?

I'm more interested in freeride stuff but I'm not sure if others would like to have more DH and XC

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 16:11 Quote
Rally-Fast wrote:

Anything lift serviced is gonna attract the crowd of downhillers and freeriders.Not so much anything short travel wise

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 13:19 Quote
I would be really happy with lift-serviced that doesn't require a $2000 DH bike. +1

Posted: May 8, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
There's over 2200 acres at Ragged. I envision a park more like Whistler than Highland. Sure there is room for some extreme lines, yet still have some beginner and intermediate trails that doesn't require pads and a big hit bike. So you could bring kiddies and ride as a family or go for the big air...

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 18:47 Quote
Volunteers at the Snow Bowl (Ragged Mtn) in Camden, Maine are beginning do develop downhill trails to compliment existing XC trails. They will be spinning the lifts ($15) for mountain bikers this season on the following dates:

6/12 10am-3P
7/9 9am-3pm (Fat Tire Festival)
8/14 10am-3pm
9/10 TBD (Harvest Hootenany concert)
10/2 9am-3pm (pancake breakfast)
10/9 9am-3pm (Mtn Festival)
10/16 9am-3pm (pancake breakfast)
10/23 9am-3pm (pancake breakfast)

Hopefully we get enough riders to keep their interest and progress with more DH trails (that don't require a $2k bike) and lift access.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012195
Mobile Version of Website