Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 22:08 Quote
Need help ASAP! RS Pike DJ vs Fox 36 831?? If you have reasons why it’d be really helpful. Super hard to make a decision between the two.

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 22:23 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Also, congrats on bike of the day on vital! Beautiful ticket, good work dude.

Cheers Dude. Your ticket not bad as well man

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 8:21 Quote
damonster248 wrote:
Need help ASAP! RS Pike DJ vs Fox 36 831?? If you have reasons why it’d be really helpful. Super hard to make a decision between the two.

Having owned both I would say the fox is superior to the pike DJ.

Pike gave me nothing but problems. Warranties 2 times in the 4 months I owned it. Wasn’t able to ride much since it takes roughly 3 weeks to get the fork back.

Fox was absolutely flawless. Rode hard for 7 months and had no issues what so ever. Plus I like being able to adjust the high and low speed compression. Only downside to the fox is it is very expensive unless you can find a good deal on one.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
Another one to consider would be the Circus Pro. I've had it for a few weeks and so far it's just as good, possibly better than the Pike. I bought it because I also had tons of problems with my Pike DJ and once the warranty expired, I wasn't interested in putting more money into it.

I had a Pike DJ with a Maxle Stealth (that broke), and this new Circus is above the claimed weight (about 4.3 pounds IIRC) but I would say the chassis is very noticeably stiffer than the Pike. If I land a shitty 360, I feel it in my wrists a lot more than before. I think I'm also probably less likely to snap this axle.

Time will tell if it's more durable than the Pike. In the manual, they encourage you to run it locked out so I suspect the damper will be more robust than the Pike.

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
Nearly everyone I ride with has a Pike DJ, and nearly every one of them has had issues with it. The most common being steerer tube issues. They always end up creaking for some reason. The 2 people that have 831s I ride with havent had any issues yet and I just got an 831 and so far its been cash money

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
Ya I think I'm going to get a 36 831

I've been buying used forks and there all f*cked!! Madder

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 at 16:29 Quote
never owned a pike DJ. I've had 3 36 831's , and a 34 831 though. all performed perfectly
and from having ridden the pike, I like the 831 a lot more. I run the 831 at 200psi, with 3 volume
spacers and that works pretty well for me.

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
never owned a pike DJ. I've had 3 36 831's , and a 34 831 though. all performed perfectly
and from having ridden the pike, I like the 831 a lot more. I run the 831 at 200psi, with 3 volume

How much do you weigh Niko? How much can you compress the fork just by riding it and trying to compress it? I'm still getting to grips with setup and all my previous knowledge from DH is useless! lol

What sort of tyres and pressures do you guys run too? Anyone with tabletops?

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

How much do you weigh Niko? How much can you compress the fork just by riding it and trying to compress it? I'm still getting to grips with setup and all my previous knowledge from DH is useless! lol

What sort of tyres and pressures do you guys run too? Anyone with tabletops?
Sitting down i have zero sag. On an entire run i can probably get throught 15% of the travel. I have it setup insanely high so its very easy to predict. Also easier to get more air. When I case id say i get throw about 50% of the travel.
I weigh about 155lbs or around 70kg. Understand that this sort of logic "pump it up till its solid"only applies to this bike. My enduro bike has 32% sag while this has 0. Also tires are 45psi on a set of tubeless ikons. Tabletops usually need to be around 60psi.

Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
Hey, I ride a lot of dirt jumps/slope stuff on my trail bike (transition scout) and was wondering if you guys had any tips on setup for stuff like this. I have a 2018 pike and a monarch on it, with 3 tokens in the pike and 5 bands in the monarch. I weigh about 125 lbs, any tips on setup? Not sure how much sag to run, if any.

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
D4RK wrote:
Hey, I ride a lot of dirt jumps/slope stuff on my trail bike (transition scout) and was wondering if you guys had any tips on setup for stuff like this. I have a 2018 pike and a monarch on it, with 3 tokens in the pike and 5 bands in the monarch. I weigh about 125 lbs, any tips on setup? Not sure how much sag to run, if any.

General rule of thumb is stiffen the fork. Whether that is with more air pressure, more compression, or more tokens, or a combination of them all. Also slow your rebound down. Makes the bike more predictable off lips

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
Finally got out to Valmont with the ticket and her new shock, and I don't think I'm going to keep my pslope. I love how the ticket is feeling right now. I'm going to do new bearings and hopefully a new professional paintjob on her this winter and she'll be good as new.

photo

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
I will be getting another soon

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 3:25 Quote
What wheels do you guys use? I’m on stock unbranded cheapies at the moment but I tend to favour spank rims and halo hubs. Do spoons hold up well?

Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 7:25 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
What wheels do you guys use? I’m on stock unbranded cheapies at the moment but I tend to favour spank rims and halo hubs. Do spoons hold up well?

I have some Superstar DHX on mine, cheap and strong

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017477
Mobile Version of Website