2011 Whistler House Share?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
2011 Whistler House Share?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 14:49 Quote
This is an idea i thought i would throw around to see what the interest is like and to see what peoples plans were for summer 2011...

Basically in March 2011 i am going travelling to BC and hopefully inparticular Whistler to ski then ride the summer until late September 2011 at the moment on my own but possibly joined by a friend! I currently have nothing planned which is a tad worrying Blank Stare

From what i can gather getting cheap accomodation in Whislter is pretty much impossible so unless i can find work there for winter i will probably find accom in Vancouver and then hopefully find work in Whistler for summer...

So an idea i have started thinking about for all of us who are planning Whistler 2011 trips is an accomodation share whether this is a house / condo or other form of accomodation, i dont know... This would be preferably be for people travelling on there own or in small groups and would be a great way of meeting new people Big Grin

I dont know if this would work or how much of a good idea it would be but for anyone who is interested it would be great to hear from and hear your ideas...

P.S am 21, easy to get on with, rides lots, parties and drinks hard haha! Beer

Cheers All

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 0:58 Quote
I'll be coming to whistler for a week from 15th June. I'm also looking for accomodation (hopefully in whistler village) but it's all really expensive. I would definetly be keen to have a room in your house for a week if this idea goes ahead. Message me if you get something organised Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 4:57 Quote
Hey Mate

I'm heading to BC in May (just waiting my visa) and will be there until September/October before I head off to NZ.

I know rent in Whister is pretty expensive so i'm thinking of looking for a houseshare outside of Whistler and buying a cheap pick up truck for the commute. Will also come in handy for getting around and seeing other places etc.

Should only lose a couple hundred bucks when I sell it so works out cheaper in the long run.

Are you out there yet?

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
I live in BC but goto whistler for weeks at a time... i been thinking about staying up there for 2 months this summer.

I can help pitch in. i'm pretty easy going, and know the trails well up there.

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 6:41 Quote
Hi everyone!

I'll be in BC for the whole summer too, from late April till the end of October! I already have my working holiday visa, so then I'll "just have to" find a job and a roof !

A friend of mine is already in Vancouver and will be in Whistler for the whole season too, we've planed to get there the 1st or 2nd week of May to look for a job and also for somewhere to stay... can be usefull I guess!

@ DrMo, what do you think about renting a house for non-Canadian people?! I guess that it'll be easier to find a shared house that needs some mates for the summer!!

@ Makingtrails, we should keep in touch too, we'll be there for the same period so it can be interesting to look for something all together!? Or at least if some of us have a good plan to share... it can help!! Even if it's just to share a beer at the end of the day Razz
We also though about renting outside of Whistler and then buy a cheap truck to get there and also for discovering some epic trails in BC... can be a nice plan too!

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 at 19:10 Quote
Hey all - this is something I'm also interested in.

I'd like to head for Whistler sometime early May and stay until...?

So also willing to split rent with others.

I'll be looking for a job until I can develop a client base for IT (which is what I do by trade).

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 1:57 Quote
@nicocoNC

cool, i'm just waiting for my visa so I can confirm a date but looking around end of May. The original plan was to stay with friends in Vancouver and sort out a truck then up to Whistler to camp out or stay in a hostel it until I find a houseshare.

You're probably gonna get there sooner than me so keep in touch and i'll give you a shout when I get there.

Maybe we should sort out a Whistler Pinkbike meet when everyone arrives?

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 3:45 Quote
Cool!! We could be already 4 or 5 for sharing a house! That's great!! Maybe it'll be easier for us to rent something by our own... don't know what do you think about that?!
but if we could find a huge house which sleeps let say... 10 persons!? with 4 or 5 bed rooms available, that would be awesome!! I'll have a look at craiglist.ca by the end of April... maybe I'll find something similar!

@Makingtrails, cool ! Hope you'll get your visa ;-)
I'll also stay in Vancouver for few days or even the first 2 weeks of May... and during those 2 first weeks we'll try to go to Whistler for 1 or 2 days to look for a job and a roof !!

@ Eleytheria, we should keep in touch too!! We'll head for Whistler at the same time so it can be cool to meet there or even before!! Don't know where you are at the moment but if you are in Vancouver... then we can meet easily before to go to Whistler!
Me and my friend will stay until the end of October probably ; and after... we'll see! why not to stay for the winter, or go to the south, trying to carry on with the summer !

And for the those who won't stay for few months, if we have free room or even a sofa to share with you, it would be with pleasure for myself !!

Anyway... can be nice to sort out a Whistler Pinkbike meet once we'll all be there!! I'm in ;-)

Posted: Mar 25, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
I know a few people already there, I'll start poking around and see if I can find anything good us.
The bike park doesnt open until may 20th.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 12:46 Quote
Hey All !!

I found something pretty interesting for us, a big house to share, close to the village and which can sleeps 10 !!
For about $450 per person per month... no that bad?! Fully equipped house, secure bike storage etc.

The house is now advertised on websites, so I guess it would be better off hurrying up if you're interested...

I have a friend already in Vancouver, so he'll probably try to check it out quickly, and if it's ok then we'll take at least 2 beds Big Grin

We'll be there from June until late october, but maybe for May too... I don't know yet!!!

I don't know how to enclosed the pdf files that the guy sent me, and I don't know if it's possible on PB?!... but send me your email address in PM and I'll forward them to you!

Cheers !!

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 10:47 Quote
hey im off to whistler next week. Wondering if anyone has a room available?

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 22:37 Quote
Hi guys! Anyone got any further with sorting accom yet? Been a bit slack keeping updated with pinkbike the last couple of month as my original plan got messed up, so I have been traveling Asia the last few months!

Either way I have my flight booked to Vancouver for a months trip... I arrive on the 19th July and return back to the uk on the 16th august if this is any help to anyone to get accom sorted???

Posted: May 13, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
Got my visa! alright Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

should be there for late June, will give everyone a shout when I land! This summer is gonna be AWESOME!!

Posted: May 13, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
I'm down to share a house, anyone have a room open for July-August?

Posted: May 13, 2011 at 17:37 Quote
geoffwarburton wrote:
I'm down to share a house, anyone have a room open for July-August?

I wanna be there the same time for one month.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015797
Mobile Version of Website