Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
Hey guys!

It's been an interesting few months since opening the bike park on July 1. We are still in our infancy and have got a lot of great feedback about the park. We try to meet everyone that comes out and talk to them, valuing their opinion on what we can offer them to maximize their experience. For that, we can't thank you enough! We depend on the support of the community and so far it's been great.

That said, I have to unfortunately announce the resort has decided to trim back operating hours for the entire Adventure Park and that includes the bike park. Our new hours are as follows:

Friday 4pm-Dusk, Saturday 10am-Dusk, Sunday 10am-6pm.

We are open in the wet!

Events:

Sept 25th - "Hotdogs and Handlebars" Rider Appreciation Day

Come out and meet the trail crew and enjoy a bbq as well as some other goodies. Submit formal feedback for the resort to evaluate and just hang out and do some riding. Photographers are welcome, come shoot your buddies off the big drop!

Thanks guys!

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 17:53 Quote
So the race will be on the blue trails? How are you going to handle the timing?

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 17:56 Quote
evilrockarolla wrote:

We use the same equipment the winter division uses for ski races. Drop in through the gates and it catches you on your way across the line.

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 19:19 Quote
stefanb wrote:
evilrockarolla wrote:

We use the same equipment the winter division uses for ski races. Drop in through the gates and it catches you on your way across the line.
How much for registration? what about licence? if i do not have one.

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 19:33 Quote
chrisrides wrote:
stefanb wrote:
evilrockarolla wrote:

That info is coming soon.

This is a resort run event, everything is internal. Just sign up, do your waivers and rip.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 6:00 Quote
stefanb wrote:
chrisrides wrote:
stefanb wrote:

That info is coming soon.

This is a resort run event, everything is internal. Just sign up, do your waivers and rip.

How about some clues on the course, so I can parctice friday night?

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 7:02 Quote
That's really unfortunate about the hours getting trimmed back. I thought running it from Thursday-Sunday was a huge advantage over Blue. I was really hoping to head there for a few Thursdays and Fridays.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 17:13 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
That's really unfortunate about the hours getting trimmed back. I thought running it from Thursday-Sunday was a huge advantage over Blue. I was really hoping to head there for a few Thursdays and Fridays.

No kidding.

It came as a surprise to us. It was announced on the website before any staff was notified...

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
woah, here's my back, please insert knife....

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
Gotta hit this up before season's end!

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
hey spefan do you have the info for the 2/3 of Oct? prices/course??

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 10:29 Quote
asylum-of-spoons wrote:
hey spefan do you have the info for the 2/3 of Oct? prices/course??

Not yet. Honestly they might just be blowing smoke at this point.

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 10:36 Quote
bummer dude, i was going to enter, woulda finished mid pack, but definitely woulda had a blast there, Is it just cause there was not enough interest?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 10:41 Quote
asylum-of-spoons wrote:
bummer dude, i was going to enter, woulda finished mid pack, but definitely woulda had a blast there,

The trails may be great, but everything else isn't. Not enough interest? From the resort side yes, not from the community.

I hope we end up doing something for you guys. We worked incredibly hard to get this done, from the proposal stages all through the building phase and the online hustling. It really takes a toll on you. It would be a goddamn shame to not give back to the folks who helped us out.

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
well i hope all ur blood and sweat don't go to waste...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010690
Mobile Version of Website