Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 7:30 Quote
Thanks to everyone who called in. Not sure why they wouldn't do it - They were just going to use vans to shuttle everyone one up. With AT LEAST 20 people + those who would show up the day of there would have been some good numbers.

It's disappointing and confusing. Does the resort just not care about the riders? Are they even that interested in reaching out to the community?

This was supposed to be an end of the season cap that would thank everyone for coming out and supporting the newest place, but instead we get ignored with no marketing or promotion, 2 out of 3 events canceled and the lights switched off without a word.

I get it's business, but where's the line between good business and bad?

I'll let the ridership decide if they want to support this place for the 2011 season.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 7:57 Quote
Quite frankly since the management is that retarded and since they clearly don't give a shit, I'm not going to bother coming out there next season. Not because I don't appreciate the work the builders are doing (kudos to the builders), but because I don't want to give people that retarded/disrespectful money. I definitely won't be there to board this winter. If you want me to e-mail that to the powers that be, feel free to leave me an e-mail address.

Dear Horseshoe management: Don't jerk me around, my name is not masturbation. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
Dissapointing yes, but to call for a boycot of Ontario's newest lift access DH Park is I think a little pre-mature. I think the best we can do now is just all let the resort know how much we enjoyed the park this year and push for expansion for next year. I know I certainly like driving to Barrie rather than Collingwood, and hope that the park re-opens in the spring, bigger and better than ever.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
EMSbyDay wrote:
Dissapointing yes, but to call for a boycot of Ontario's newest lift access DH Park is I think a little pre-mature. I think the best we can do now is just all let the resort know how much we enjoyed the park this year and push for expansion for next year. I know I certainly like driving to Barrie rather than Collingwood, and hope that the park re-opens in the spring, bigger and better than ever.
I am visiting family in Collingwood all the time, so Blue isn't a trek for me. I am not telling you guys (or anybody) to boycott, in fact I hope they thrive next season. I however, don't want to give retards my hard earned money.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 10:11 Quote
I didnt see any of this stuff advertised at or by the resort. If they're open next season, Ill buy my pass and ride at least 3 times a week.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 18:21 Quote
I'm pretty bummed we called today with 7 names from Collingwood and were told to bad so sad . Thanks to all the dudes that made riding sick this year and heck we will see you all next season .. Plus were all hiking the local stuff in C-wood so not a total lose....

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 22:14 Quote
DAWGBITE wrote:
I'm pretty bummed we called today with 7 names from Collingwood and were told to bad so sad . Thanks to all the dudes that made riding sick this year and heck we will see you all next season .. Plus were all hiking the local stuff in C-wood so not a total lose....

Thanks a lot for that man. We would LOVED to have this thing put on...It would have been so much fun to see everyone ripping down the hills in their costumes, damn.

The whole crew is pretty bummed out

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 6:58 Quote
DAWGBITE wrote:

You guys Hike Blue? Or are their other places to hike it up there?

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 19:06 Quote
3stage is the best place to ride...
local trails in collingwood means local ONLY

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
sammo wrote:

Or.....Maybe if someone gets an invite from a local??? Smile

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 20:42 Quote
sammo wrote:
I have snowmobiled there.

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 21:09 Quote
recklessness wrote:
sammo wrote:

The fact is true most local trails are local only but Sammo is right 3stage is a great place to ride and its free.

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
EMSbyDay wrote:
DAWGBITE wrote:

You guys Hike Blue? Or are their other places to hike it up there?

If you like riding Blue in the summer, never try and poach it off season you will get caught and the hill will ban you or press charges they have no sense of Ha Ha about it ..

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 21:22 Quote
DAWGBITE wrote:
recklessness wrote:
sammo wrote:

The fact is true most local trails are local only but Sammo is right 3stage is a great place to ride and its free.
There are some really cool trails up there that are for un-locals only. Chained off though.

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
recklessness wrote:
DAWGBITE wrote:
recklessness wrote:

There are some really cool trails up there that are for un-locals only. Chained off though.

Too bad it's LOCALS only.. we were looking forward to shooting and doing an article on the Eastern Riding scene. Can't quite figure out the deal with Horseshoe canceling the day and the whole eastern scene... seems the West has figured it out and you guys are going to be stuck dealing with the same shyte year after year.

Guess that's why there is no one traveling out here to help you build with that kind of attitude. We have got bike parks and 1000's of acres given to us in Kamloops by allowing others to check it out and help out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020427
Mobile Version of Website