Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 6:41 Quote
Unlike Blue, they apprear to normally be open even with a bit of rain.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:09 Quote
no not usally but they did when they first opend but i went there about a mounth ago with my dad when it was raining and there were no problems and it was pretty sick clean fast trailsSmile

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:10 Quote
Our boss went to bat for us to try and get them to open just for the Halloween event. Even with 40 riders saying they would attend, they still wouldn't.

Guess they care a lot about their customers, eh?

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
ya that sucks tipacle ontario mountain owners

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
They are business people, it's all about the $$$. They want to make sure they can be ready to make the most ski/snowboard money. They probably profit more in one good weekend skiing then the whole summer of biking. When I was up at Blue a couple weeks ago a guy who worked their claimed they make enough money in the first weekend of night skiing to power the lights for the rest of the season.

All we can hope is that ridership continues to grow and the hill owners see the value in bike programs.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:24 Quote
you have very good point but mountain biking will get noticed more and more every year in ontario i hope but it will happen soon enought for example joy ride 150 horse shoe kelso dh and dj bikes are getting bigger every year in ontario

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
rockshox22 wrote:
you have very good point but mountain biking will get noticed more and more every year in ontario i hope but it will happen soon enought for example joy ride 150 horse shoe kelso dh and dj bikes are getting bigger every year in ontario

this last year was the worst for dh out at kelso there was maby 10 real dh riders outside of races or when they had the lifts going.

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
thats true but have faith 10 better than nothing shity weekend any way

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 14:32 Quote
rockshox22 wrote:
thats true but have faith 10 better than nothing shity weekend any way

yea thats true

Posted: Oct 21, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
do i need my parents to sign for me if im 17, if so is there an online form i could fill out and take it there. also how much is a day pass

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
hows conditions there? will it be open tomorow?

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 at 9:12 Quote
cartera wrote:
do i need my parents to sign for me if im 17, if so is there an online form i could fill out and take it there. also how much is a day pass

No, but if you are under 18 you need full armor. Day pass is 24.99

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 at 9:12 Quote
Nshore3 wrote:
hows conditions there? will it be open tomorow?

We open today @ 4 and all weekend we are open. Trails are great, some leaves on them but that's about it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
i might head up today..and tomarrow..looks like rain sunday

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
stefanb wrote:
cartera wrote:

No, but if you are under 18 you need full armor. Day pass is 24.99

i dont have any armor. but ill be up there next season

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033633
Mobile Version of Website