As a female what got you into riding? and what style riding do you prefer?

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
As a female what got you into riding? and what style riding do you prefer?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2012 at 3:51 Quote
I took up road riding at age 42 and quickly progressed to racing. I found it was a great way to keep fit and learn a challenging activity. (Plus it was a stress release and way to distract from a bad relationship)

I took up mountain biking for the first time at age 48 when I met a great guy (who was an experienced mnt biker) It was a steep learning curve but I progressed quickly. I took up dhing and in 3 years I am riding advanced trails (riding faster, doing jumps and drops, steep gnarly terrain is my favorite type technical)

I'm celebrating my 53 birthday tomorrow (June 2) with my husband (yup I married the guy who taught me to mntbike and dh) ... we are spending the day ...biking Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
Hello, Ive done biking before but my real intro to mt biking was one of ex. I've learned that mt biking really fits my personality! I love the workout, the mountains, getting dirty and going down fast. I got my kid sister into it and now we go together. The more girls mt biking, the better. Here's hoping I make more female friends to ride with. Hit me up! Smile

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 at 11:08 Quote
I got into biking after a bad breakup. Didn't have many friends, it was something I could go do alone and exercise was a cure for my brain Smile Love getting out in nature, its healing and a blast. Adrenaline is the best and there is always room to progress. I don't know what I would do without my bike, it has changed my life and I can't wait to progress more!

Posted: Jul 31, 2012 at 6:21 Quote
Since I was raised in Scotland we are blessed with excellent mountain biking so generally kids here all had mountain bikes growing up. I have been riding since a young age and continue to do so in Spain

I just love to get out there and explore and enjoy the natural beauty of both countries. Inner bliss.

I love all mountain/Enduro and DH.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 16:15 Quote
I had a bike since I could walk, but I got into bmx seriously after working in the motorbike industry, and just not being able to ride my trailbike often enough. Eventually I went riding with a guy friend who said I should try DH because he thought I'd be good at it, and I loved it. It took me a while to get the money together for a DH rig but I now ride DH pretty much exclusively.

Posted: Oct 7, 2012 at 21:00 Quote
Just finished watching Redbull Rampage. I wonder how long it is going to be until there is a woman competing in it. Men and women ride the same courses on the WC DH circuit, in freeride skiing and snowboarding, in moto-X, they ride in the Dakar rally. I wonder who it's going to be and when. Smile

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
Just bought a DJ bike because it looked cool ...didn't even know about dirt jumping. Took it on some local trails and now I'm hooked. I wish I had discovered how much fun MTB is a long time ago, but hey better late than never! I see there are a bunch of DH riders- way to be! I'm just going to ride what I can on my hardtail until I feel ready to go bigger (and can justify spending the big bucks Wink ) Cheers!

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 0:32 Quote
First riding is in childhood with family, we were riding for a pinic.But since in high school I started more riding through my boyfriend. We are all like riding.

Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 22:25 Quote
I used to race ladies recreational motocross back in the day but gave it up when I tore my ACL. Fast forward 10 years, I got into XC biking when I lived in Edmonton AB and really enjoyed it but I always missed the big jumps of motocross. I had always wanted to try DH biking, it looked like a lot of fun but there wasn't much DH riding locally. I got to try it in Whistler 2 years ago and it was everything I imagined it to be! Last year, I got transferred by my company to Kelowna BC and the first thing I bought was a DH bike! I had one great season and am stoked for a second. Best thing I did was take a couple of 2 day camps, its helped me progress quickly and now I am hitting jumps like the good ole days!!

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 2:17 Quote
Gayle wrote:
My reason is soooo wrong, but having come form the horse world where men are normally either gay or total twats. mtb'r seem polite and happy to strip naked when getting change in fully view, what other reason does a girl need.

I'm an ex horse rider and I love the ratio of men to women..in Mtbiking ..... totally diff from the horsey world! Being biking just over a year now, got a beautiful Orange P7 hardtail for xmas and have already beaten it round the trails in most of Wales! This next year sees bigger and more technical riding and just to keep getting quicker! I love the biking, its a big part of my life it's how I met my boyfriend and changed my life!!

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2013 at 19:50 Quote
I moved to Sun Peaks and a friend took me riding DH for my first time on a hardtail where the brakes hardly worked. But it was nearly the MOST FUN time I've ever had so have kept with it on and off for the last five years. Finally got myself a nifty little full-suspension today and am stoked to ride more on the Island. I agree with tons of the comments here that it feels great to be outside and the adrenaline rush is awesome. It's also really empowering for me as I progress and see that even though I'm not really an athletically-built person I could still kick ass on a bike if I worked at it. I snowboard a lot and have been a snowbum for a lot of my adult life and I find the camaraderie much more even man-to-woman than I have in other, traditional sports. AND I find that women that are into extreme sports are so much more fun !!!

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 17:13 Quote
I rode BMX some as a teen and then dated/married a guy who made his own frames and raced DH. I couldn't keep up with the level he and his friends were at by any margin so I did a lot of solo biking then.Smile Fast forward to now and I have a better bike, a few seasons under my belt, a love of park terrain and the exhilaration of beating out some of the boys on a DH course. Can't wait to get back on the saddle this spring. I am jonesing!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025248
Mobile Version of Website