Some #@$ broke into our house/garage and stole my vintage commuter

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Some #@$ broke into our house/garage and stole my vintage commuter
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 at 8:26 Quote
Its not new, but it was a mint norco rampage titanium hardtail frame bike, and had a lot of sentimental value. Here's a picture (and part of the sentiment - shot from my wedding)

photo

It currently has a black single crown marzocci z1 bomber fork on it with red sticker (sp?)

So if you see a dirtbag riding around in Calgary on a titanium hard tail with a bomber on it... and they don't look like the guy in the pic, then email me....!

Fortunately, the dirtbags did not get my other bikes!

Thx.. Mimo...

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 21:18 Quote
What's the story behind having the bike at the wedding?

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 21:19 Quote
-It'll take some time but once your bike has been passed around a bit it'll end up on eBay.

-In the criminal underworld, this bike will be being passed around.For Example; A junkie stole it, then sold it to a dealer for drugs etc. then the dealer sold it to someone else for a big lump of cash, then it'll get passed around and eventually somewhere down the line it'll end up being put on eBay.

-Look at this guide and follow the instructions.

-Get your friends involved to keep an eye out on eBay.

I know this is'nt much but you have a very high possibility of getting it back so have a look.

Recover Your Stolen Bike Through eBay

Cheers.

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 at 21:39 Quote
its the worst when the bike that means something to you gets stolen.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
Thx for the info - will monitor e-bay..

The wedding shot - was the 'first dance' at my wedding, which is supposed to be with the bride - my biking buddies set it up as a joke on my wife, so I rode the bike into the room - tried to do a wheelie, and wiped out ..

I also won several races on that bike

Riverfest ~ 1994 - crossing the finish line first place...
photo

, had some epic road trips
- Rossland rubberhead festival, 1995...
photo

and rides with it as well: jasper after valley of the five lakes.. 1995?
photo

- so the bike definitely had sentimental value..

Posted: Oct 19, 2010 at 20:18 Quote
Sorry for your tragic loss man.

Out of curiosity, how did they brake in? Window, door, garage door?

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 at 16:44 Quote
kicked in back door of house, stole all the jewlery. same on garage. Fortunately, I had all my other bikes locked up in the garage. This one I happened to have in the work stand, as the freehub had died, and I was in the process of fixing it..

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
I don't have much advice to offer but coming from a guy who has been riding mountain bikes starting around the same time you did my heart goes out to you. The junkie piece of sh*t that stole your bike doesn't realize he stole a two wheeled friend and companion of yours and you just can't go down to the bike shop and replace it. Maybe posting pictures at local bike shops or coffee houses in your area might attract someones eyes to it if it is being ridden around locally. Are there any Universities in your area? A college kid might want to buy a bike for cheap (from a junkie) to commute on. I guess it depends on the population of your local community. I like your old school pics. Bikes sure have come along way since the 80's eh? I will have to scan and post some of mine from back in the day. Best of luck.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 9:08 Quote
thx yeah I have the word out to my contacts at the shops in town - so hopefully it will turn up. Haven't done the university yet - will give that a try as well.

Yeah - its amazing how far both riding tech and riding has evolved! If you had told me back in the 80s that I would be jumping off ramps and riding bridges and some of the crazy stuff that is now possible to ride, I wouldn't have believed it.

Not to mention what the pro freeriders are doing these days - incredible stuff. I have probably 2000 pictures that I haven't posted yet that I have to get around to uploading one of these days....

Here's a couple more from back in the day - my buddy dave heighway mashing off a huge drop in kamloops in ~1997

photo

Me riding the log on my first full suspension bike (then new) heckler in fernie I think 1998 or so:
photo

Posted: Oct 31, 2010 at 9:41 Quote
You sure do have some beautiful forests up your way. That log ride looks fun. Yes, some of the things the Freeride and DH riders are doing these days is absolutely amazing. Off the chain!!! Best of luck with the recovering your bike.
Cheers

O+
Posted: May 1, 2012 at 6:27 Quote
Contact all the local scrap yards and tell them what you bike looks like, maybe even show them a picture.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 17:50 Quote
did you ever get it back? sorry to say but chances are its been pawned, and destroyed Cry

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015796
Mobile Version of Website