Frame To Replace Transition Double!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Frame To Replace Transition Double!!!
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 9:29 Quote
Have you looked a Commencal Meta 4X?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 10:07 Quote
Super Slack Seat-tube angle. Thats really my biggest issue. Keep all things the same, just give me a steeper seat-tube angle.

I am finding it hard to believe that NO ONE produces a bike like this. That Giant Trance is ideal, why did they have to change it and ruin it?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/KONA-King-Scandium-Full-Suspension-MTB-Frame-/350146497297?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item51865b8b11

king up on ebay

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 11:55 Quote
What about an Intense Tazer VP?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 15:37 Quote
Do they still make those? Anyone know if Iron Horse makes anything worth looking at? their website is down but I saw a couple iron horse bikes that looked interesting.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 17:08 Quote
I looked at the Intense, very sweet, except it says it an FRO model ie- disposable frame. I looked at the Geo for the double, says the seat-tube angle is 73.5? Thats so not right...

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
Here is link to a Tazer with a sweet setup!https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/711353/

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
Does Brodie have any offerings that fit the bill?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
I see a few that look interesting, their web site and bike denotatoins are kind of odd though.

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 22:11 Quote
The Brodie Dissident looks interesting. I had a Brodie Devo with a horst link suspension and the Dissident looks like the Nemesis except they went from horst link suspension on the Nemesis to single pivot on the Dissident. Anyone know why?

EDIT: it looks like in '07 they switched all the frames using that horst link to single pivot instead. Got tired of paying fees for using the design?

Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 23:31 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
The Brodie Dissident looks interesting. I had a Brodie Devo with an horst link suspension and the Dissident looks like the Nemesis except they went from horst link suspension on the Nemesis to single pivot on the Dissident. Anyone know why?

EDIT: it looks like in '07 they switched all the frames using that horst link to single pivot instead. Got tired of paying fees for using the design?
in 07 the company was sold, Paul Brodie (the founder who I know personally) sold it because he got bored with the company and wanted to start a motorcycle restoration company, he hand built the bikes up until about 06

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 0:28 Quote
Interesting. So I found this frame in my wonderings and it looks great-

http://www.ram-bikes.com/eng/nduro.html

Apparently it was built for use as a 4x bike, and in the description says its a cross between an XC bike and an all mountain- now we are getting somewhere.

Problem- its pretty abscure, at least on this side of the pond. I found one picture of one on pinkbike.

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 at 8:03 Quote
So I think I either want to go with a high mount single pivot, the Morewood Ndiza or a DW link/ Maestro style of suspension, which would be finding an old trance frame (what does giant currently use for 4x, a hardtale?)

Was also considering sending my shock off to push or getting the new new boost valve rp 23 and doing it that way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026758
Mobile Version of Website