Slightly bent steerer tube (Marzocchi 66rc)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Slightly bent steerer tube (Marzocchi 66rc)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 17:08 Quote
I have a Marzocchi 66rc (I think its an 05 or 06), just picked it up from the shop and somehow in my last few rides the steerer tube has slightly bent. Niether the frame nor headset are damaged (although I need new bearings in my headset).

I am planning on buying a new bike within a few months and I am wondering what my options are. Is it safe to ride temporarily? Can it be bent back? If I have it serviced by Marzocchi is it worth fixing (cost-wise)?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 17:12 Quote
"Is it safe to ride temporarily? Can it be bent back? If I have it serviced by Marzocchi is it worth fixing (cost-wise)?"

maybe, nope, and depends on how much you like the fork

Posted: Sep 29, 2010 at 17:20 Quote
if you ask marzocchi they will tell you that you need to buy a a whole new upper assembly. and try to sell it to you for like $300- $400. I know this from experience; my brother crashed not too long ago and bent his steerer tube on his DJ2s and they said the only thing they could do for him was sell the upper assembly for $220 or sell him a new fork for $250. I personly dont think its worth taking it to marzocchi.

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 at 17:07 Quote
Ive bent My 2008 66s and I need some help. is it possibly to just gety a new sterer tube because thats all that I need

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012102
Mobile Version of Website