How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 21:24 Quote
ive seen tons of ads for eastern plastic pedals but im not usre about em. i just dont think plastic can provide much grip...anybody tried them? how do they compare with metal pedals?

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
They aren't going to grip as much as most metal pedals, especially when wet. But the selling point is weight and when your feet do slip it's much much easier on your shins. AS far dry grip goes they have tonnes I know I'm buying a pair the first chance I get. When they are wet......... not so much.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 22:21 Quote
i was wondering how they compare to the odyssey PC's

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 at 22:27 Quote
Presence wrote:
Well the certainly look a lot more grippy I would defeinetly buy the over the twisted PC's.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 7:25 Quote
if i were you id get the oddy pc/with metal pins

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 8:45 Quote
It's news to me that odyssey makes plastic pedals with metal pin. And if they do indeed I wouldnt by them anyways because they wont stay in there long. Metal threaded to plastic on high wear part's doesn't make a good mix.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 9:22 Quote
bradyc wrote:
Presence wrote:
Well the certainly look a lot more grippy I would defeinetly buy the over the twisted PC's.
odsy way better than eastern, ian shwartz rides them same as eddie clevland i think

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 9:40 Quote
reesespieces wrote:
bradyc wrote:
Presence wrote:
odsy way better than eastern, ian shwartz rides them same as eddie clevland i think
Eastern's pedals are brand new for 08, unlike odyssey's which have been a round for a couple of years now. And that's great that other's ride them have you? Have you rode both?

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 13:28 Quote
Presence wrote:

I would go with the PCs personally. Easterns only have 10 pins around the perimeter with none over the axle. The PCs have 12 pins around the perimeter with 4 over the axle and I'm sure that we can all agree that more pins=more grip. Not to mention the PCs have been around for quite some time and I for one am always weary of first year parts when they first come out.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 16:27 Quote
yeah thanks i ordered the pcs and some plegs today

plastic whore!

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 16:58 Quote
Twisted PC pedals have been around for a LONG time.
They have been used on flatland bikes for about a decade.
The new odyssey with metal pins are NOT threaded into plastic.
They are 2 plastic casings over the pins, and tightened with plastic screws.
There is no worry of stripping the pins out.

No info on the eastern, but they got some good ideas so far, wouldnt hurt to try them out.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 17:04 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
I'm sure that we can all agree that more pins=more grip.

Not at all. There's a balance you have to strike. The more pins the less bite each individual pin has. I've tried lots of pedals that felt better after taking a few pins out.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 at 19:21 Quote
PC's are just as grippy as most metal pedals

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 9:15 Quote
jmicek wrote:
PC's are just as grippy as most metal pedals
Not what's being discussed but true.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
Presence wrote:
yeah thanks i ordered the pcs and some plegs today

plastic whore!

where did you order plegs at?? there not even avalible yet... and the eastern pedals are knurled so they look like they'd do bad in dirt and getting caught in it. but PCs dont grip that great when there wet...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009625
Mobile Version of Website