Powered by Outside

Sigma Lens + Fuzz

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Sigma Lens + Fuzz

Author Message
Posted: Oct 8, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
Alrighty, So Ive got a Sigma tele lens. Ive had it for about a year now. I take super great care of it, and it has never been used in dusty or wet conditions. Well, the other day I was using it and when I was looking through the viewfinder I noticed a black squiggly line in the top right hand corner. I look into the front of the lens and sure enough, inside the outer glass, laying just on top of the first convex lens is a little piece of fuzz. Luckily it doesnt show up in my photos. It just annoys me that its there. Is this something I should send to Sigma? Or will they charge me to remove it? Has anyone else out there had this issue with any lenses, and what have you done? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!!

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
Have you tried asking a camera repair shop how much it will cost to fix?

I can't imaging it being a warranty issue if it isn't affecting photos.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:11 Quote
the camera shops in my area seem to be hacks. I emailed sigma and they werent to helpful. But it is strange, the next time I pulled the lens out to use it, I looked for the fuzz again and it was gone. I dont know where it went, or what happened but its no longer in the viewfinder. So mission successful I guess haha

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007043
Mobile Version of Website