Marzocchi DJ3's matched with a GT Chucker frame.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi DJ3's matched with a GT Chucker frame.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 at 6:28 Quote
Basically, the cups that surround the pole that comes from the suss are too big to hold it and so the suss rattles and moves about - does anyone know of where I can get new cups/ball bearings/whatever else I need to secure this?

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 at 7:12 Quote
Sounds like you dont have any bearings in your headset...

If you know what make it is (the cups) you may be able to buy replacement bearings. Either that or it might just be easier for you to go to your LBS and get a whole new Headset.

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
jessejones wrote:

If you know what make it is (the cups) you may be able to buy replacement bearings. Either that or it might just be easier for you to go to your LBS and get a whole new Headset.

there are ball bearings, a cap and cup aswell but it's all too wide to secure the pole coming up from the suss, so it rattles side to side etc unfortunately. Know anywhere online that could provide this sort of kit?

Posted: Oct 18, 2010 at 7:34 Quote
RDX290 wrote:
jessejones wrote:

there are ball bearings, a cap and cup aswell but it's all too wide to secure the pole coming up from the suss, so it rattles side to side etc unfortunately. Know anywhere online that could provide this sort of kit?

When you put it all together and do it up it does wobble? is there enough stackers on the steerer tube (pole).

The top of the stem should be about 3-5mm from the top of the steerer tube. If the steerer pokes out the top then you need more spacers / Chop your steerer down.

If you've done all this and it still wobbles you need a new headset...

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 14:48 Quote
Thanks for the help man, I bought a completely new headset and showed the old one to a friend recently, he was shocked I even tried using it haha. Cheers again, Dean.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009093
Mobile Version of Website