show off your transition

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
show off your transition
O+
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 9:52 Quote
New pike rct3 solo air 160mm

Still playing around with this rig. Looking at potentially getting a different post. Leaning towards a LEV, but might go reverb. At the end of the day this has been the best bike I have had in a very long time.

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

Still playing around with this rig. Looking at potentially getting a different post. Leaning towards a LEV, but might go reverb. At the end of the day this has been the best bike I have had in a very long time.

Bike looks good chef...although i have nothig to compare it to... the reverb seems to be well built. One worry i had about droppers was durability...i had the bike go ass over tea kettle yesderday so hard the seat got folded over the rail about an inch to one side on seat impact... reverb still operating flawlessly as far as I can tell

O+
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Bike looks good chef...although i have nothig to compare it to... the reverb seems to be well built. One worry i had about droppers was durability...i had the bike go ass over tea kettle yesderday so hard the seat got folded over the rail about an inch to one side on seat impact... reverb still operating flawlessly as far as I can tell

Reason I like the idea of the lev is I like the stationary cable at the bottom of post instead of under seat. No crazy loops or rubbing from the up and down.

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Reason I like the idea of the lev is I like the stationary cable at the bottom of post instead of under seat. No crazy loops or rubbing from the up and down.

yeah mine is stealth so non issue...your vert not have routing for that?

O+
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

yeah mine is stealth so non issue...your vert not have routing for that?
Oddly enough nope. It must have not been put in. No big, never really was an issue. It's all about ascetics now since everything seems to be spot on for me at the moment. Never had a bike so consistent and reliable.

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 12:21 Quote
for sure the vert has been treating me well. Only thing now is deciding to Swap from 170 air to 160 Utrurn coil in the Lyrik. 170 seems high and wouldnt mind checking out the feel of coil if i dont like it, put lryrik on HT amd get mattock

O+
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 12:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
for sure the vert has been treating me well. Only thing now is deciding to Swap from 170 air to 160 Utrurn coil in the Lyrik. 170 seems high and wouldnt mind checking out the feel of coil if i dont like it, put lryrik on HT amd get mattock

You have been riding hard tails to long! That bike liked a centered rider position. Sounds like you may need less air in tires, or slow rebound on the fork?

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
ok he he i play with it some more Smile HT = Funn n n n n

O+
Posted: May 17, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I should say mess with rebound more. Depending on conditions rebound needs to faster to help with recovery on successive hits like those found on tiger. Also lower tire pressure for dealing with the roots out there might help. It's more about messing around until it's right.

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I should say mess with rebound more. Depending on conditions rebound needs to faster to help with recovery on successive hits like those found on tiger. Also lower tire pressure for dealing with the roots out there might help. It's more about messing around until it's right.

oh yeah i had it set up pretty good nice and fast maybe too much pressure in tires but it was mostly just a hectic slick day... off camber orner roots above twofolr drop got the best of me.... 170 just seems a tad tall up front especially on the climbs. going to tear the fork down completly tomorrow morning and slick honey the shit out of it.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 0:04 Quote
Finally I can join the Tranny club.
Here is my Transition Covert Carbon and so far so good.
(apologies for the crappy indoors pic)
Still playing around with the stem bar height as I wanted to build a super playful bike hence the 40mm riser bars

Transition Covert Final Build
  Transition Covert Final Build
Transition Covert

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 2:40 Quote
Last updated, still rockin' good ol' Bandit.
photo
Wonder if upgrade from RP23 to Monarch Plus will be worthy. Any suggestion?

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
FunRunner12 wrote:
Last updated, still rockin' good ol' Bandit.
photo
Wonder if upgrade from RP23 to Monarch Plus will be worthy. Any suggestion?

mo,arch is a far better shock you be plessed if you do...

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 16:20 Quote
Went out today and snapped some pics of the current setup

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021363
Mobile Version of Website