How to do manuals

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to do manuals
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 4:16 Quote
hey guys i need help on how to manuals on a mountain bike
Whip

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
get your body weight as far back as you can. the more its over or past your rear wheel the less you need to lift-lower your front end.

also years of practice. whenever your riding just practice, flat or downhill. or if your going fast enough, uphill aswell.

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 14:49 Quote
Maksimbike wrote:
get your body weight as far back as you can. the more its over or past your rear wheel the less you need to lift-lower your front end.

also years of practice. whenever your riding just practice, flat or downhill. or if your going fast enough, uphill aswell.

Nice one mate, cheers Smile

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 at 19:36 Quote
and like "kick your bike" with your feet to push the front up... and always be with 1 finger on the rear brake in case of you almost falling back... the faster you go the more confortable on performing manual you'll get...
look here is the vid ... aaron chase will teach you Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhGy5OHa5bk

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 9:07 Quote
what helped me was bending my knees an stretching my arms to the max.bum an inch over back wheel.dont worry about all the skid marks. also the shorter the chainstays, the easier. be patient,they take time but are worth the persistence. goodluckBig Grin

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 2:16 Quote
You want your ass low and over the rear tire somewhere right above or right behind the rear hub is where my balance point usually is. Other than that just keep on trying them you just get better at them with practice

Posted: Feb 28, 2012 at 19:25 Quote
bebemonk4ever wrote:
and like "kick your bike" with your feet to push the front up... and always be with 1 finger on the rear brake in case of you almost falling back... the faster you go the more confortable on performing manual you'll get...
look here is the vid ... aaron chase will teach you Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhGy5OHa5bk

That's a great video, I never really thought about keeping my center of gravity low. I'll keep that in mind.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 0:52 Quote
What's a good gear to be in?

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 17:25 Quote
MrNgu wrote:
any one... i can do it very slow but i learned it going a litle fast try first times on grass in case of falling back...

Posted: Apr 12, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
MrNgu wrote:
why does it matter? you don't pedal in a manual...... just be at like cruising speed

Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 13:15 Quote
Its somthing ive never been able to do either will try tomorro again

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2012 at 18:59 Quote
What I've found, same for manualing and catwalkibg, is there's a point when your trying to manual where if you go any farther back you'll fall backwards, but if you lean any bit forewords you'll fall forwards, so you have to stay right at that point, using your brakes or moving your ass forwards (if your falling backwards) or pushing yourself back (if your Fallin forwards). Just go on the street and start pedaling to get some speed, pretty sure the faster you go the easier it is because your wheels spinning faster add stability, and yeah just practice makes perfect

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 at 10:44 Quote
Stephen101 wrote:
What I've found, same for manualing and catwalkibg, is there's a point when your trying to manual where if you go any farther back you'll fall backwards, but if you lean any bit forewords you'll fall forwards, so you have to stay right at that point, using your brakes or moving your ass forwards (if your falling backwards) or pushing yourself back (if your Fallin forwards). Just go on the street and start pedaling to get some speed, pretty sure the faster you go the easier it is because your wheels spinning faster add stability, and yeah just practice makes perfect

i dont need pedaling to start my manuals...

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2012 at 11:07 Quote
bebemonk4ever wrote:
Stephen101 wrote:

So your saying you manual while staying still

Posted: Sep 1, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
Stephen101 wrote:
bebemonk4ever wrote:
Stephen101 wrote:

So your saying you manual while staying still
i can do that too but thats not what im saying im saying that i can pull the front wheel up without pedaling just pulling the bike up

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016017
Mobile Version of Website