PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to do manuals
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2012 at 19:59 Quote
bebemonk4ever wrote:
Stephen101 wrote:
bebemonk4ever wrote:

i dont need pedaling to start my manuals...

So your saying you manual while staying still
i can do that too but thats not what im saying im saying that i can pull the front wheel up without pedaling just pulling the bike up

I can too, what I meant was that instead of rolling down a hill to gain speed you pedal

Posted: Nov 4, 2012 at 20:45 Quote
Hey guys, I'm trying to learn this as well. I hate how easy people make it look, cause it damn hard! I'm pretty good with the wheelies though. Do you think it would be easier to just keep practicing manuals with both wheels on the ground, or start off doing a wheelie and when I'm in a good position, just stop pedaling and practice that way?

Also, keeping your center of gravity low seems very counter intuitive to me. If you think about balancing something, it's much easier to balance a very tall object like a broom stick, than it is to balance a very short object like a pencil. And manuals on skateboards are never done crouching down. But then again, I suck at manuals, so what do I know.

Posted: Nov 5, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
LordFly wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to learn this as well. I hate how easy people make it look, cause it damn hard! I'm pretty good with the wheelies though. Do you think it would be easier to just keep practicing manuals with both wheels on the ground, or start off doing a wheelie and when I'm in a good position, just stop pedaling and practice that way?

Also, keeping your center of gravity low seems very counter intuitive to me. If you think about balancing something, it's much easier to balance a very tall object like a broom stick, than it is to balance a very short object like a pencil. And manuals on skateboards are never done crouching down. But then again, I suck at manuals, so what do I know.

keep practicing you will learn it before you know it... same to me... but i always sucked on wheelies and now im like pro on manual... started it about 1 or 2 years ago...

Posted: Nov 17, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
any of you guys have any extra tips about manuals if your rear shock is super soft, and your 888's weigh a freakin metric-shit-ton??? thanks, I keep blaming the fact i can't manual on those two things, but i think i just suck lol, and when i mean manuals, i mean manual, wheelie, coaster wheelie, just anything to keep my front wheel off the ground, thanks

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 17:19 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
any of you guys have any extra tips about manuals if your rear shock is super soft, and your 888's weigh a freakin metric-shit-ton??? thanks, I keep blaming the fact i can't manual on those two things, but i think i just suck lol, and when i mean manuals, i mean manual, wheelie, coaster wheelie, just anything to keep my front wheel off the ground, thanks

i lost it on the coaster wheelie totally got me i dond know what you mean... but i do manual in all bikes i have a friend that have the same problem as you he has a bit hit with 2 from 2008 and he has an 888 in front and i manual on it with no problem... since i did it on his bike he keept going and now he does it pretty well...

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 19:42 Quote
yea i kinda realized wat i just said makes no sense, but yeah, i've got other friends with similar setups that can wheelie pretty dang good Razz i guess i just suck for now lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2012 at 12:03 Quote
wite-trash-azn wrote:
yea i kinda realized wat i just said makes no sense, but yeah, i've got other friends with similar setups that can wheelie pretty dang good Razz i guess i just suck for now lol

you sayed it well... for now... dont give up...

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
hahaha thanks, i'll keep trying

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 22:23 Quote
justin you have a DH unless you get some muscle stop trying ....

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 22:24 Quote
skylar, i got this ;D

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 6:44 Quote
SkylarBoakSimms wrote:

i think you are jeleous... maybe you cant do it so you dont want more anybody to do it lol i dont have muscle and i do it with no problem...

Posted: Dec 1, 2012 at 21:20 Quote
bebemonk4ever wrote:
SkylarBoakSimms wrote:

i think you are jeleous... maybe you cant do it so you dont want more anybody to do it lol i dont have muscle and i do it with no problem...
nope i can manny dude your a f*ggot though

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
SkylarBoakSimms wrote:
bebemonk4ever wrote:
SkylarBoakSimms wrote:

nope i can manny dude your a f*ggot though

thats what you think... ask your mom...

Posted: Dec 16, 2012 at 4:22 Quote
You can do a peddling Manuel, get into a low gear, and balance yourself over the back wheel make sure your going slow and then pedal really hard and lift up and the front of the bike will come up, make sure you have a finger or two on the rear brake to prevent you from landing on your ass.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 21:44 Quote
Hey guys.

im new in L.A and im looking for people to do some mountain bike bmx together.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.346942
Mobile Version of Website