Stafford UK - Stolen Club Roost Enduro XC4 - Gipiemme Grecal Wheelset

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Stafford UK - Stolen Club Roost Enduro XC4 - Gipiemme Grecal Wheelset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 3:32 Quote
I have posted this in a number of other places, no harm in putting it on Pinkbike too I suppose!

Stolen Late September '10 from Stafford town centre. That'll teach me.

Club Roost Enduro XC4 with Gipiemme Grecal Wheels. My moped lock was pretty much useless, I had only just fixed it. I was considering swapping it for a road bike but thought, hey! I'll fix it up... Stolen not long afterwards, and about a few days after putting on a set of avid disc brakes.. Oooh ferret rage!

The wheels are especially obvious, very few were sold because they had significant mechanical problems, then the distributer went bust shortly afterwards. Fixed by an awesome mechanic friend of mine, so if you have a set of minimally spoked gipiemme grecals cheap off a car-boot/ebay, they more than likely are mine.. They are very distinctive, as most mountain-bikers wouldn't touch such roadie style gear with a bargepole! The amount of 'Good-natured abuse I received on rides from local comedians was significant.

Frame reasonably chipped, but who cares. Was a ton of fun to ride!

Those who locate the bike will gain a reward, not super expensive but one of a kind and awesome cool. I will probably build you a trick reward bike or set of wheels to play on.. I am good at stuff like that!

Still on the bright side, I have ridden lots of different bikes over the last month, built a trick single-speed (That hopefully I can leave on the street) and am now riding a cheap, hilarious but bone-crushingly brutal rigid MTB. So behind every cloud is either a larger cloud, a burning house, a volcano, or rarely a silver lining!

Crime Ref No

20 sept ca/68685/2010

PS If you read this, and have the frame or wheels, the frame and Wheelset have a very specific and well hidden marker on it. You may build it up, only to have me ride by, check the marker and lose your bike. I won't leave you sans gear, but will replace it with something else nice.. I am not unreasonable! Best just get in touch and we can sort things out.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.tinyimg.org/images/74110972848.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008031
Mobile Version of Website