Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Mar 23, 2013 at 11:01 Quote
good to know dude
thanks

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 7:54 Quote
hi all, i'm about to get my first dc fork fitted but i'm unsure about cable routing.

specifically whether there is there any way of protecting the stanchions from cable rub in this scenario
http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/Trek_600-5.jpg

sorry couldn't find a pic of the Summum but it will look similar, because the rear brake is fed internally through the frame

thanks in advance Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 8:32 Quote
Cables don't go anywhere near the stantions on my summum

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 8:58 Quote
Just put some clear tape or something on the stanchions where they hit... or just buy something like this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=frame+patch
That's what I have.

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 9:10 Quote
nordland071285 wrote:
hi all, i'm about to get my first dc fork fitted but i'm unsure about cable routing.

specifically whether there is there any way of protecting the stanchions from cable rub in this scenario
http://www.sicklines.com/news-images/Trek_600-5.jpg

sorry couldn't find a pic of the Summum but it will look similar, because the rear brake is fed internally through the frame

thanks in advance Smile

the cables on the summum come more out of the front of the headtube so dont go near the stantions - rub shouldnt be a problem

Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 9:15 Quote
thanks for your help all Big Grin

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:06 Quote
Have many of you summum owners....sacked off the internal routing and cable tied to the frame?

I cannot be arsed to rebleed my saints for the sake of internal routing atm. If it comes to it I might take the gear cable out also. Got some M-part frame cable guides which seem to do a good job with some cable ties.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 14:15 Quote
I'm glad you mentioned the derailleur cable is internally fed! that would have been an extra trip to the LBS for me
thanks

and I didn't think there were any frame mounts that you could cable tie to?

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 15:03 Quote
Buy a bleed kit off eBay for £10 then it's not a problem ; )

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 15:29 Quote
If you're gonna pull the cables thorugh the frame I have a great tips. Take some twine and insert into the frame. Take your vacuum cleaner on the other side and it will be pulled right through. Then it's as simple as taping the cable to the twine and pulling it right through.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 15:32 Quote
didnt use the swingarm internal routing just put the deraillieur side under a neoprene protector and cable tied it on and then cable tied the brake side to the swingarm - but used the main frame internal routing cos thats really easy to do

works fine

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 23:42 Quote
They've changed the cable routing on the 2013 frame and it comes with external cable tabs as well as the internal routing. And the internal routing is easier to feed throught than the old design.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
photo
New frame. Have xtr cranks and a light guide plus ultegra cassette and an xt shifter arriving Tuesday. Should save some serious weight.

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 12:49 Quote
Hello Guys grate to see so many people with summums, so hop4ly someone could help me?

i have a 2013 large summum now its on standard chainstays and head angle (63 and 440mm) now when ever i try to jump the bike the nose trys to drop!

Any ideas why this might be ???

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 12:56 Quote
ooh few thing scarier than a nose dive!Big Grin
I'll be interested to see what people think because I haven't got mine up and running yet.. so I could tighten the geo/change bar rise if it might help me..
good luck! and for now....pull upppp Pirate

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018573
Mobile Version of Website