Post your winter bikes

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post your winter bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 5:11 Quote
Just thought i'd see what your burley lot are running this winter

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 at 8:50 Quote
well its winter and this is the bike i ride through it Razz so i guess its my winter bike, im not rich enough to buy a bike just for winter

photo

got some clip on front and rear mudguards, the fact its a fixed gear helps keep me warm, changed my mks gr-9's for some wellgos wich are more grippy in the wet, tires are all condistion, but im not convinced, there are pretty much slick with a few grooves

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 0:05 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
well its winter and this is the bike i ride through it Razz so i guess its my winter bike, im not rich enough to buy a bike just for winter

photo

got some clip on front and rear mudguards, the fact its a fixed gear helps keep me warm, changed my mks gr-9's for some wellgos wich are more grippy in the wet, tires are all condistion, but im not convinced, there are pretty much slick with a few grooves

Sweeet. i was thinking about winter road tires, is there such thing ? , you can get completely bold tires and some with little grooves but are there actully a specific winter road tire ?

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 0:41 Quote
well they are specialized all condistion armadillos

i spose they are better than a normal slicks, they have grooves like a motobike tire wich should disperse the water abit, dosnt realy add to rolling ressistance either, oviusly have puncture pretection to being called armadillos and i never had a puncture so they work! guess you need puncture pretection for winter abit more, i also find the rubber realy soft and reeealy grippy to but im comparing it to tires nearly half the price, skidding on 23c is suprisingly hard comparing to other tires that are wider with lower presure

but if i had to choose a proper winter tire id get something with abit more tred and a lil wider in 25c or 28c

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 1:06 Quote
I run Armadillos all year round. But Continental do a full wet tyre, I have a set.

photo

That's just the rear for some reason, and that photo was taken last December I think!

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/bike-components-bike-parts/bike-tyres-tubes/hybrid-tyres-700c-

Just a link to 700c hybrid tyres. They are very useful when the going gets soggy!!

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 1:14 Quote
you got a carbolite in my size! bastado...

i love them peugoets, along with 1000s of other dudes Razz rarther anoyed i sold mine, was to big anyway

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 1:17 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:

i love them peugoets, along with 1000s of other dudes Razz rarther anoyed i sold mine, was to big anyway

Ha! I rescued mine from a friend's shed. Updated everything, only the frame, fork and stem are original! Rides like a dream. It's not fixed which suits me more for commuting into the city.

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:04 Quote
crunchss wrote:
joe-got-the-erge wrote:

Ha! I rescued mine from a friend's shed. Updated everything, only the frame, fork and stem are original! Rides like a dream. It's not fixed which suits me more for commuting into the city.

your not fixed with no rear brake? sounds abit sketchy, i have a carbolite frame for my girlfreind, but its still a roadbike, just needs the BB greased up and rebuilt and new derailer, tis 30 years old after all, spring isnt very springy, ill post both of the peugoets up for you to se and so i can show them off Smile

photo
photo

in a way the first one was a winter bike, i used it offroad on the canal quite often, the lower ratio made it perfect, also in the rain it was better, went slower and had wider tires that were better in the wet

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
Yeah, that brake is sharp. I have a rear brake, just too lazy to fit it!

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
well you do get most the power from the front, but id prefer 2 brakes just to feal safer

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
well you do get most the power from the front, but id prefer 2 brakes just to feal safer

It's like a 90/10 ratio front to back, I think.

I should really put the rear brake on, but it works fine. 30-0 in a couple of seconds!

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 10:19 Quote
its more about 75%/25% i think, but yeah still front brake dose most the work

Posted: Dec 7, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
Don't know how I missed this thread, but here are my two dedicated winter sleds:

<Photo does not exist: 5914793>

<Photo does not exist: 5914794>

<Photo does not exist: 5914795>

<Photo does not exist: 5692487>
Haven't ridden this one much, as I've been enjoying the Tricross far too much so far this winter, but once we get a real cold-snap (-30c for a solid week or more) I'll be on this happy fellow, as my clipless shoes just don't cut it at that temperature (nor do brake cables).

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016915
Mobile Version of Website