Demo 8 2011

PB Forum :: Specialized
Demo 8 2011
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 21:07 Quote
Hi guys,
i'm thinking of throwing some serius money on demo 8 2011.
is there any problem with the bike ?, or
how this demo feel interm of cornering & handling rough steep terrain ?, or
just send me some comment

Thank you guys
(hoping a helpful comment)

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
I got the 2011 black Demo frame on order..its been on order since the begining of December and the shop still doesnt know when it will come..All backordered is what he said...im goin apeshit waiting for it!

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 16:34 Quote
I own a 2009 demo 8 and I had a chance to ride the 2011 demo at N* last summer. In my opinion the 2011 corners better and handles rough trails better. I ordered a 2011 demo 8 in December and was told that it would be here in January. Still no bike and no word as to when it will get here. I ordered the yellow and black because I was told that the all black would be very hard to get this year. If you have a chance to get one than I would jump on it.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 11:21 Quote
I also heard they wont be shipping the Blk demos until mid or late summer..I can wait thats no prob gives me a chance to save for the rest of it..But it would be very reassuring to know i will get it FOR SURE you know..

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 at 13:50 Quote
The shop here ordered some all black completes, they are supposed to be here mid march. How did you order the yellow black? I thought those were Euro only.

Edit: Or do you mean the sam hill "yellow"

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
Knife-in-the-dark wrote:
The shop here ordered some all black completes, they are supposed to be here mid march. How did you order the yellow black? I thought those were Euro only.

Edit: Or do you mean the sam hill "yellow"

I ordered it from my LBS. I went in yesterday to find out what's going. They had no idea so we ended up calling the west coast rep. She said I should have it no later than mid March. I ordered the flo yellow/black in a large.

Posted: Feb 14, 2011 at 12:22 Quote
Gold Atlas Fr crankset loook good on the White/red frame? build with black 729's and white boxxer, red atlas bars and stem?? ahh yeaaa

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 14:09 Quote
Right, ive got the frame and am unsure of Bottom bracket compatability, and whether cups for the huge BB are needed...

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 17:14 Quote
It's some sort of weird BB30 hybrid. Should have come with adapters, that normal BB will thread into. I don't think there is a BB30 DH crank out yet.

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 22:19 Quote
i have a 2011 demo 8, and they are seriously the best buy! some much better then the older models, the bb is lower creating it to be awesome through corners and it handles jumps so well,.
only thing i found was because of the low bb height, you need to watch your pedals near rocks.

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 22:23 Quote
Demo7rider13 wrote:
i have a 2011 demo 8, and they are seriously the best buy! some much better then the older models, the bb is lower creating it to be awesome through corners and it handles jumps so well,.
only thing i found was because of the low bb height, you need to watch your pedals near rocks.
How big of an improvement over 2010?

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 23:16 Quote
Ha, Hanley, you will think someone has answered your question. I got your hopes up, and for what? NOTHING!

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 23:16 Quote
Dirt-Street-Park wrote:
Ha, Hanley, you will think someone has answered your question. I got your hopes up, and for what? NOTHING!
f*ck, that actually worked. I was like "oh hey!...Fudge"

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2011 at 16:15 Quote
when the hell are they gonna ship mine!!!!...the stealth black

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 8:18 Quote
I heard blacks were not gonna be out till may/june. My black & green frame is gonna be here end of April. Can't wait.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012745
Mobile Version of Website