Fox DHX 5 or Rock Shox Vivid

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox DHX 5 or Rock Shox Vivid
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 7:35 Quote
I have a Specialized Big Hit FSR 1 2010 and i have a problem with my shox and i want to change it. What do you think it's better to put fox dhx 5 or rockshox vivid?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 10:55 Quote
tasospi wrote:
I have a Specialized Big Hit FSR 1 2010 and i have a problem with my shox and i want to change it. What do you think it's better to put fox dhx 5 or rockshox vivid?

The dhx 5 is bomb proof.
Unless you need beginning/ending rebound stroke adjustment i would stay clear of the vivid. If you are a mechanic or if you know how to service your own shock, you might think about the vivid. I'm not bashing the vivid as it is a good shock BUT they come apart by themselves!!! You also need a specific pin spanner to take them apart.

My personal choice is the manitou revox. The revox has a monster shaft and ALL the adjustments are external.

What problems do you have with the vanilla R? those things could survive the apocalypse!
they are easy to service as well.

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 6:12 Quote
my bike don't have vannilla R, it has x-fusion vector r but its broken. i found fox dhx 5 295 EURO and rockshox vivid 275 EURO and i am between them

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
Ask your lbs which shock they can service and i would go with that one.
If you can service the shock yourself, get the dhx as you will not have to get rare special tool to take it apart.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008760
Mobile Version of Website