Mountain Cycle Battery Owners - Post your ride !

PB Forum :: Other
Mountain Cycle Battery Owners - Post your ride !
Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 17:28 Quote
coletassoft wrote:
ajkirton wrote:
Figured it out, but it's hard from a mobile phone. The pictures aren't the best, and I don't have my good brakes on yet. It looks like I will have to run a 225mm front disc to get them to fit. I am waiting on the hope dh4 bushing upgrade to come. Once it's here I will be done.

I put a 215mm rock shox vivid 5.1 today too as the marzocchi was leaking air.

What´s the travel with the vivid?

I am not sure what the travel is now. I believe the stock marzocchi had 2" of travel which translated into 5 inches with the frame. So if there is an extra .5" inch of shock travel it should equate to 6.25" at the frame. I am uncertain if that is correct, but it seems pretty close. It did raise the bottom bracket but it helped with having 180mm of travel up front.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 17:36 Quote
ajkirton wrote:
coletassoft wrote:
ajkirton wrote:
Figured it out, but it's hard from a mobile phone. The pictures aren't the best, and I don't have my good brakes on yet. It looks like I will have to run a 225mm front disc to get them to fit. I am waiting on the hope dh4 bushing upgrade to come. Once it's here I will be done.

I put a 215mm rock shox vivid 5.1 today too as the marzocchi was leaking air.

What´s the travel with the vivid?

I am not sure what the travel is now. I believe the stock marzocchi had 2" of travel which translated into 5 inches with the frame. So if there is an extra .5" inch of shock travel it should equate to 6.25" at the frame. I am uncertain if that is correct, but it seems pretty close. It did raise the bottom bracket but it helped with having 180mm of travel up front.

Yes, the ratio is 1:2.5, therefore 2.5" of stroke equals 6.25" of travel. Rounding it off that´d be 160mm.

Did you run into problems with the triangular-like piece of the swingarm hitting the seat tube? I was thinking of adding a bit more travel as well but it seemed pretty darn close.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 17:41 Quote
It does not make any contact. It was very hard to get it in, but nothing is contacting anything. It gets incredible close on the lower seatmast, but doesn't touch. I am very happy with the fit.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 17:47 Quote
ajkirton wrote:
It does not make any contact. It was very hard to get it in, but nothing is contacting anything. It gets incredible close on the lower seatmast, but doesn't touch. I am very happy with the fit.

OK, good to know that an extra .5" of stroke can be added when I replace the rocco Smile

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 6:13 Quote
Nice bikes!
That totem look's huge on the frame. Big Grin

I have on my frame 200x 57 mm shock,so i raised the fork travel to 170 mm
I'm looking for a angleset for the frame. Does anyone have any experience with that or with the offest bushings?

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 8:11 Quote
I have never used an angleset, but i have used offset bushings on my race cars. They worked very well for that and i don't see how there would be any difference in performance on our bikes.

i have always been a little leary of anglesets. I know they have proven this elves in the industry, but i have broken so many "heavy duty" headsets that i don't see how this can't become a weak spot. I am also sure that it places some different strains on the frame due to a leverage created by an unintended offset.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
trialer00 wrote:
Hendri wrote:
photo

Nice build, what kind of shock do you have?
fox dhx 5.0

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 15:53 Quote
For those who asked about front mech: you need a road-style deraileaur mount to hold a cable stop.

You can route the cable via bottom bracket too, but I think it´s a cleaner install from the top.

Deraileur mount holding cable stop

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
I have a few questions for you guys Smile

How many of you guys are actually riding the battery with 180mm forks?
Are you not afraid of cracks on the downtube?
Do you have a longer shock on the frame?(190mmx50 is stock,right?)

Tnx

Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 16:35 Quote
I'm running a fox 36 160mm, it feels perfect. I think it's strong enought to take a 180mm fork.
I have the standard shock, I would like a bit more rear travel But I don't want to raise the bottom bracket.

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 6:53 Quote
I am running a 216mm rear shock and 180mm fork. It works really well. I am not concerned at all with causing damage due to the extended travel fork.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 15:45 Quote
I do run 160mm, so I don´t really qualify to answer properly.

That said, it´s built like a tank, so I´m not really concerned about it breaking. How it would change geometry and handling is probalby the better question here Wink

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
A lot of guys say that 160mm forks are perfect for the frame and the bike handles the best.

So if i have 200mm shock + Lyrik solo air 170 mm will it be in balance like 190mm + 160 fork?
What you guys think?
I can lower the fork if needed, but i wanted to ask you guys first tup

p.s. And if i lower the fork,the shock will still be 200 mm (the bike came with a longer shock)

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 14:45 Quote
Anybody know where I can get rear hangers for my Battery?
Snapped my rear mech and bent the hanger. Managed to get it straightened a bit but don't want to risk snapping/weakening it.
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018408
Mobile Version of Website