What bike should ibuy

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike should ibuy
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 16:58 Quote
should i buy a giant glory 0 or a giant faith 0 i like to ride both free ride and down hill but i live in ontairo so do i need 8 inches or 7 inches of travel and im 12 years old so which would be better for me
help me out guys
thanks

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:15 Quote
I think you need to provide people with a bit more information. The Faith and the Glory are two totally different bikes for different styles of riding. Nobody can make a recommendation without knowing what kind of riding you do.

Do you plan on using your new bike for freeriding or DH?

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
I would go with the faith, that way if you want to ride some trails it wont be THAT hard to pedal.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:26 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
I would go with the faith, that way if you want to ride some trails it wont be THAT hard to pedal.
yea thats true thanks

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:47 Quote
Well, Youre 12. So something with 3 wheels........

Just kidding. Dont buy new, you dont need that at 12. Look in the buysell for your price bracket, and shop around! Theres some good deals out there.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:58 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:

Just kidding. Dont buy new, you dont need that at 12. Look in the buysell for your price bracket, and shop around! Theres some good deals out there.
yea im buying it used and i have the money to buy it so im going to get the giant faith 0

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
harrisonfrosch wrote:
Redwolf2 wrote:

yea im buying it used and i have the money to buy it so im going to get the giant faith 0

i was on the same position 2 weeks ago, im 13 and i do freeriding and downhill.

i got a umf freddy 2 2010 which is awesome,the marzocchi fork and shock make it awesome.

i like 2010 model more than 2011 heres the 2011 page:

http://www.umf-bikes.com/

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:21 Quote
ilikedh wrote:
harrisonfrosch wrote:
Redwolf2 wrote:

i was on the same position 2 weeks ago, im 13 and i do freeriding and downhill.

i got a umf freddy 2 2010 which is awesome,the marzocchi fork and shock make it awesome.

i like 2010 model more than 2011 heres the 2011 page:

http://www.umf-bikes.com/
thanks

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:24 Quote
Get the faith 0 for shure. By the way, is it with your parents money? Because you sound a bit rich for your age...

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
Get the faith 0 for shure. By the way, is it with your parents money? Because you sound a bit rich for your age...

No kidding! i would honestly recommend you get a good hardtail, much more versatile and you will learn how to ride properly. Then move on to a full suss.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
voltagerider wrote:

No kidding! i would honestly recommend you get a good hardtail, much more versatile and you will learn how to ride properly. Then move on to a full suss.

My first real bike was a 2006 faith1 lol. But I did some crosscountry before with a hardtail...

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
what about the reign x its not full out dh/freeride but at your age its nice light and has enough suspension travel

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 3:54 Quote
nzbika wrote:
what about the reign x its not full out dh/freeride but at your age its nice light and has enough suspension travel

no thanks its to cross contry for me and i wnt to start dh racing in 2011

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 3:56 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
ritchierich wrote:
voltagerider wrote:

i allready have a hardtail and it 4 years old and its not working for me

My first real bike was a 2006 faith1 lol. But I did some crosscountry before with a hardtail...

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 4:28 Quote
harrisonfrosch wrote:
nzbika wrote:

no thanks its to cross contry for me and i wnt to start dh racing in 2011

I ride a reign X and it is def NOT an XC bike. It is a great all around bike that can tackle anything like diablo or blue mtn bike parks, while being able to ride to school or to a friends house with it. Try riding a DH rig on the road to a buddy's house...not really possible. But if you are really really going to race I would get the faith or glory.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018519
Mobile Version of Website