how many bikes do you have?
O+ FL
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:02 Quote
markdeejay wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

but i say anyone with more then 5 is a "Bike Whore"

i preffer the term "addict"

more socially acceptable.

we are mountain bikers (some of whom ride road bikes) not politicians. who cares about what is socially acceptable! lol

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:03 Quote
socalmtb11 wrote:
^^^^ ok i guess what he is saying is you could probably ditch one of the bikes, compensate for it and make your other bikes better

Make my other bikes better. Big Grin I have tried having as few bikes as possible. I end up making major compromises. Been there done that and it just doesn't work for me. I travel a LOT.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:03 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
I would only have 1, my SX-Trail, but I got my hardtail for insanely cheap so I have 2 now tup

see like that, just as an example a sx-trail could be switched in for your downhill bike and freeride bike, and there you go, one less bike, but with really good parts on it

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:04 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
socalmtb11 wrote:
^^^^ ok i guess what he is saying is you could probably ditch one of the bikes, compensate for it and make your other bikes better

Make my other bikes better. Big Grin I have tried having as few bikes as possible. I end up making major compromises. Been there done that and it just doesn't work for me. I travel a LOT.

Not you, Shondo

DavidMakalaster wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
And if you look back in the thread you will see my answer and maybe understand.
yes but dh and freeride are so close you could do it with one bike and unless you race really competitively you don't need the advantage of race geometry and race parts when you could have just as much fun on a freeride bike. also the back up freeride, when you have that many other bikes you could ride one of those if your freeride breaks. you could also use the dj/street as a 4X or vise versa. and finally, the AM bike is kinda pointless because you will get stronger and be able to go down the hill faster if you pedal the freeride up the hill.

I don't go to tons of races but when I do I'm fairly competitive. I'm going to race a lot this year. The 4x bike is the only geared small ht in the collection. You can't be competitive in 4x with a micro-drive steel ht. If the AM bike is pointless then try pedaling in pisgah forest with a single 34t ring on a 40lb FR bike then you'll have room to make that judgement.
every day i go riding i'm pedaling a 39lb 6in travel kona (you know they pedal like shit) that has a single 32 that is being changed for a 36 in the spring and have you ever heard the vermont is called the green mountian state? it called that for a reason. there is not one flat trail in the entire town or county. also the trails here are anything but smooth and groomed, they are nothing but wet roots and rocks packed in between tight trees. and guess what? kona classifies the coiler as a freeride bike so yes, i do have the right to make that assumption.

DavidMakalaster wrote:
socalmtb11 wrote:

but its not my business so, just have fun riding

DavidMakalaster wrote:
markdeejay wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

I prefer the term whore myself.

dirty ditchpig bikeslut gearwhore. That's what my therapist calls me.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:05 Quote
krazer wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
socalmtb11 wrote:

Not you, Shondo

HEY Do I look like Shondo to you? I hear he's old and fat.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
giantguy07 wrote:
markdeejay wrote:
giantguy07 wrote:

we are mountain bikers (some of whom ride road bikes) not politicians. who cares about what is socially acceptable! lol

what about "whore addict"?

hmm, bikes i mean.

shondo wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
markdeejay wrote:

I prefer the term whore myself.

dirty ditchpig bikeslut gearwhore. That's what my therapist calls me.

No, seriously, what is wrong with you, you seem like a phycopath

socalmtb11 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
I would only have 1, my SX-Trail, but I got my hardtail for insanely cheap so I have 2 now tup

see like that, just as an example a sx-trail could be switched in for your downhill bike and freeride bike, and there you go, one less bike, but with really good parts on it

That was my plan initially and I did build it up really nice but I still had money left over and a hardtail sounded good

krazer wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
socalmtb11 wrote:

Not you, Shondo

What's that ?

i have two bikes, one for downhill and freeride and the other for street and dj'ing

O+ FL
there is no bike that can do everything!

sure an sx trail pedals pretty good but you could never XC race that! and i couldn't freeride my carbon bike.

DavidMakalaster wrote:
krazer wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Not you, Shondo

HEY Do I look like Shondo to you? I hear he's old and fat.

Look, at your friend requsts because of that awesome comment!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011999
Mobile Version of Website