Worldwide Pinkbike Secret Santa 2010

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Worldwide Pinkbike Secret Santa 2010
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:00 Quote
Dirt-Street-Park wrote:
We could combine. Participants - Dirt-Street-Park and i-ride-a-traffic-it-cool. I want some bars, stem, fork, brake, tyres, tubes, pedals, cranks, chainring, chain, frame, and seat, lol.
could you get me a 831

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:03 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
mtbkr123456789 wrote:
could we not do it like the secret santa back in 2008 where you look through the person you got's profile and try to find/think of some stuff they may need/want that you may already have lying around rather then the way you seem to be doing it now where they simply say what they want and you buy it for them? like seriously what is the surprise in that, i found the way that it was run before much better...

read the first post. we're all gonna post wishlists for out secret santas for what we want!

i did read it and that is what made me make that post. it would be much better imo if you just surprised them with something that you already have lying aorund like we did bakc in 2008 then going out and buying them exactly what they asked for. like whats the point in getting exactly what you want, you might aswell just go buy it yourself then? the while point of secret santa is that you get a surpise...

well what if you send someone a dh gear/parts if they live in North Dakota with no hills...just road riding...? yea they could sell it, but why the hell participate in the secret santa if your going to get something your just going to sell? A broad list of idea would be better imo if you don't want exactly what you ask for...or just post of things you don't really want that bad.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:03 Quote
i-ride-a-traffic-it-cool wrote:
Dirt-Street-Park wrote:
We could combine. Participants - Dirt-Street-Park and i-ride-a-traffic-it-cool. I want some bars, stem, fork, brake, tyres, tubes, pedals, cranks, chainring, chain, frame, and seat, lol.
could you get me a 831
If you get me what I want to my specific order, fo sho mofo.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
mtbkr123456789 wrote:
could we not do it like the secret santa back in 2008 where you look through the person you got's profile and try to find/think of some stuff they may need/want that you may already have lying around rather then the way you seem to be doing it now where they simply say what they want and you buy it for them? like seriously what is the surprise in that, i found the way that it was run before much better...

read the first post. we're all gonna post wishlists for out secret santas for what we want!

i did read it and that is what made me make that post. it would be much better imo if you just surprised them with something that you already have lying aorund like we did bakc in 2008 then going out and buying them exactly what they asked for. like whats the point in getting exactly what you want, you might aswell just go buy it yourself then? the while point of secret santa is that you get a surpise...

sorry man, but i totally disagree. i think ppl should be able to ask for certain parts that they want on their bike as opposed to getting something that they may not want on their kit Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
Then it can't be called secret santa. USA/CA Pinkbike Santa 2010.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
kajtek007 wrote:
mtbkr123456789 wrote:

well what if you send someone a dh gear/parts if they live in North Dakota with no hills...just road riding...? yea they could sell it, but why the hell participate in the secret santa if your going to get something your just going to sell? A broad list of idea would be better imo if you don't want exactly what you ask for...or just post of things you don't really want that bad.

no the way it worked in 2008 was that you looked through the persons profile to see what they would like and then found something you had for them...

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
kajtek007 wrote:

no the way it worked in 2008 was that you looked through the persons profile to see what they would like and then found something you had for them...

sooo you just wanna get a part and get rid of something you dont want at the same time...

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
C'mon, let's not get this locked..

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
ayo! stop dis. This is supposed to be a fun thing that really can be a blast. We can all get some new bike bling in the name of x-mas cheer. Everyone invite people to the thread to get more people and make it more interesting.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 19:46 Quote
I hope you know what you're doing... It's been done before by me, and was simple AND I included every user from all around the world...

Also, the whole wishlist thing is stupid and keeping it just bike related items is stupid as well...

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 20:08 Quote
dotca wrote:
I hope you know what you're doing... It's been done before by me, and was simple AND I included every user from all around the world...

Also, the whole wishlist thing is stupid and keeping it just bike related items is stupid as well...

yeah seriously dotca knows what up, when he ran this shit back in 08 it was f*cking legit. i wonder why everyone is out now, probs becaue the way your running it is lame az. just my 2 cents

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 20:12 Quote
dotca wrote:

we could do anyone from anywhere, i just figured shipping would be a PITA.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011313
Mobile Version of Website