Powered by Outside

Rigids or Suspension on a 26" mtb?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Rigids or Suspension on a 26" mtb?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 6:10 Quote
Hey guys, just wondering waht are some of the advantages and disadvantages of rigid forks?

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 6:12 Quote
Personal preference and depends on your riding style and what you will be riding.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 6:48 Quote
very true, well i love the look of rigids, its just i mainy ride park and street, the occasianal dirtjumps, but ppl say its easier to hop and stuff with them,

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:31 Quote
For park and abit of street go rigid but for more street and dirt go sus at 80mm or 100 mm. I would agree it is easier to pull up with a rigid.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
Advantage, there ridgid, and lighter.
Disadvantage, theres no suspension....

Why does this need its own thread?
Next time please dj/street discusion thread or the quick question.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
i think get some hard suspension, preferably air.

rigids mess up the frames geo and i dunno they just look ugly on most bikes,

some look okay with it though. one thing that i will say is that rigids are alot cheaper, and if they break aint gonna cost an arm and a leg to fix, you just get new ones. also, rigids dont need to be serviced every 6 months

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:36 Quote
theres advantages and disadvantages for both really. So just try a rigid out and if you dont like it just stick with sus.
Personal prefrence.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:41 Quote
connen31 wrote:

what a stupid commment if you think its not needed then dont comment simple as

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 7:47 Quote
Facepalm yet your commet was so informative. Rigids look ugly and mess up the geo....
Do you actualy have a clue bud?

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 8:05 Quote
well yes, they are ugly, and most jump frames are designed to work at 100mm?
dont want an argument jst saying why moan i think its a good thread.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 8:08 Quote
connen31 wrote:

Is it your concern whether someone makes a fresh thread to ask? Usually people get ignored on the quick question threads hence why they make their own thread.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
well the quick question thread is now so long people just dont care, and people cant be bother to keep going trough pages and pages. nothing wrong with a new thread that is what forums are for after all.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
Wow thanks alot guys, cheers for the advice, its just i like the look of rigids, but i feel im just going to get a good fork, because at the moment im running a SR Suntour Duro-D. So whats a good up market fork? dirtjumper 1/arglyes or ?
thanks again for the help people Smile

FL
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
NS-METROPOLIS-RIDER wrote:
Wow thanks alot guys, cheers for the advice, its just i like the look of rigids, but i feel im just going to get a good fork, because at the moment im running a SR Suntour Duro-D. So whats a good up market fork? dirtjumper 1/arglyes or ?
one word of advice \, dont judge parts or anything for that matter, based on its looks, makes you seem childish, and people on the interwebz will call you a gearwhore.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 16:48 Quote
z-man wrote:
NS-METROPOLIS-RIDER wrote:
one word of advice \, dont judge parts or anything for that matter, based on its looks, makes you seem childish, and people on the interwebz will call you a gearwhore.
well cheers for the advice, but i was just saying tht they look good...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011496
Mobile Version of Website