Powered by Outside

DH race training

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH race training
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 14:35 Quote
hi guys im thinking about starting downhill racing next year and well this is really a question for the full time racers, what sort of training would i have to put in to do well in racing.

thanks for reading any help would be much appreciated

FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
you wanna work on explosive strength, work out the core, deal lifts are good. just work on fitness for the entire body.
most importantly, ride, and ride as much as you can. Take chances.

Posted: Dec 19, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
You need to practise cornering and acceleration the most. Also fitness and leg strength (and mental strenght). So yeah get out and ride as many tracks as you can (but not the same one over and over again). Smile

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 0:09 Quote
Hey man, here are some things you may find helpful:

http://www.bikejames.com/

and

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dean-tennant-edit-2010.html

The (sickk) video obviously is cinematic and not really to help you understand his entire training regimen, but it might give you some ideas. I think it is interesting about how he records his training on those sheets, which you can read if you pause the video. His use of a freelap timing system is also pretty cool.

I believe there is a video somewhere of Gee Atherton talking about his training regimen in the off-season somewhere, I can't find it. I think it was in one of the "Atherton Project Videos", possibly the first 'season' of the online series.

I have yet to find some kind of full schedule workout by a PRO-DH guy though, aside from the aforementioned. It seems like DECLINE or some other DH magazine would have an article on it, if anyone could shed light on that (potential article) or the Atherton's workout that'd be clutch.

Good luck.

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 0:32 Quote
SQUATSSQUATSSQUATS

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
Mix it up.... Gym, plyometrics, cardio, DH riding, XC riding and a shit ton of on-bike interval sprints!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011591
Mobile Version of Website