Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Its amazing how much better that bike looks with the brace cut off. What trail is this?

Eyeno ryieeeet!

Its this super cool area in Anacortes Wa.. its on Fidalgo Island, so very coasty terrain. Technical AM i would call it. The trails are all just numbered so I think this is 116....

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Looks rad!

One of my favorite spots,,,and no one goes there...

so here's a funny… pushed my luck with the second ride. be warned a bit peddly of a trail in a couple of spots. but a real gnarler at the end. I couldn't pull it today. loose, gripless, rutty and too much for the old boy this evening.

Views: 575    Faves: 0    Comments: 12

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 13:12 Quote
That is one nice bit of trail you need to swear more to make that sectionWink

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 0:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Looks rad!

One of my favorite spots,,,and no one goes there...

so here's a funny… pushed my luck with the second ride. be warned a bit peddly of a trail in a couple of spots. but a real gnarler at the end. I couldn't pull it today. loose, gripless, rutty and too much for the old boy this evening.

Views: 575    Faves: 0    Comments: 12

Nice bit of trail!!!

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
Good workout there bro

tup

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 5:12 Quote
Cheers fellas... according to the lads of PB in order to clean the last section i will need to smoke weed and swear more... I’ll report back with the results Salute

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 5:34 Quote
I reckon you were doing well and that maybe you running low on scooby snack energy.

I wouldn't beat yourself up bout it, I mean it's a shitter sliding off but it obvs is steeper than it looks on vid.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I reckon you were doing well and that maybe you running low on scooby snack energy.

I wouldn't beat yourself up bout it, I mean it's a shitter sliding off but it obvs is steeper than it looks on vid.

Oh yeah no beatings... thats why I like to post the humanizing ones Smile its very steep, off camber, loose and tricky. To the left is an intimidating wall, the right conceals a crippler cliff and the line into the mid chute drop is a bastard. This was my second ride on this trail. First time was a mudfest and I was barely able to navigate the grease on foot. This time was a dry pebblefest. Its funny cause there are a ton of steep lines in Bellingham and this is the only one I have seen with a warning, to the right just before the crash site is a bright orange thing near the ground, its a sign that says “Slow! Steep terrain” its not kidding lol

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 7:24 Quote
At the bottom must be a sign that says "I told you!"

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 16:21 Quote
lol I thought it said hold my beer

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
ninser wrote:
Hi Guys,few pics from my just finished Cotic Bfe build...Quite classical compared to some bikes we can see around here but...Like it
photo
Bfe Large frame,Helm fork,DT 240s,XM481 front/EX471 back,my old Saint brakes,Turbine Cranks,my old GX and Sunrace 11/42 10 speed gearing,Reverb,Cotic stem and bar,...
Still need to cut brakes hoses to sort out that funny cable routing...And bring the Helm travel down to 140,think I'll do it at first service.
Thanks to all members for tips and pictures,wanted a steel hardtail for a long time but all the bikes seen on this forum finally convinced me.

And thanks for liking my bike...Beer
To goforbroke: I was also going for an Orange P7 frame,but in size XL the seattube was 5 or 6 cm longer,what size is your frame?For climbing I don't really have comparison,I'm coming from an upgraded Specialized Status which weighed about 16.5 kgs...Some find the Cotic seat angle to slack,seems ok to me and will still improve while bringing the fork travel down..
To SileTzar: why don't you like my cheap commençal that I got for free saddle? Smile It's true it's not that beautiful but don't know which saddle I would buy if I had to,never find saddles that nice...
Forgot to mention,with that build and Specialized 2.3 Butcher/Purgatory control version,the bike weight 13,26kgs.Bur after first ride the purgatory is already dead(dfinitely too light for rocky trails here) I change it for a Grid version,so it will bring the bike to 13,36kgs.
As asked,can make more pics when build is finished,but not much time left at the moment..

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 10:06 Quote
@Paradis6 Nice Bike, for sure!!
I'm looking for a bit bigger replacement for my good old Bergamont-Team
photo
photo
, the Scout 275 and Meta-HT are in focus ;-) ! Which size is yours @Paradis6 ? I'm 1,80m (5,9 ft) and used to manual, play and throw my bikes around a little.. So i have to take "M" in my thoughts. But not sure if it's big enough for some Endur(o)ance stuff! (with a 150mil-dropper of course) !?
The seat-tube in "M" is 42cm Scout and 44cm Commencal.. In "L" we are at 46cm and 49cm (which might be a bit high for casual manuals and not enough space to play on bigger jumps even i drop the seat down to the frame!!). So maybe i have to go with an "L" at Nukeproof (btw more than 12cm longer than my Bergamont at 108cm wheelbase), or is it my best choice to take the Meta at "M"?
Someone here who have the same riding requirements and had the same decisions to make ;-) ?

ride on...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034307
Mobile Version of Website