Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
Not easy to try before you buy huh

Good luck

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Well the first post says lets see scary hardtails, so this thing is my new commuter/xc monster, I bought it because it was steel and came with a carbon fork so would be perfect for commuting to work, but I could esilly stick a 120mm yari on the front and a short stem and high rise bar and then go send some shit, so yeah hope you like it, I think I'll be keeping this a while but in many forms Salute Sorry about the cables Razz
New bicycle day

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 14:51 Quote
What in tarnation do we have here?

tup

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
That's insanely nice - I like your bumble bee transportation Razz

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
NiklasRausch wrote:
@Paradis6 Nice Bike, for sure!!
I'm looking for a bit bigger replacement for my good old Bergamont-Team
the Scout 275 and Meta-HT are in focus ;-) ! Which size is yours @Paradis6 ? I'm 1,80m (5,9 ft) and used to manual, play and throw my bikes around a little.. So i have to take "M" in my thoughts. But not sure if it's big enough for some Endur(o)ance stuff! (with a 150mil-dropper of course) !?
The seat-tube in "M" is 42cm Scout and 44cm Commencal.. In "L" we are at 46cm and 49cm (which might be a bit high for casual manuals and not enough space to play on bigger jumps even i drop the seat down to the frame!!). So maybe i have to go with an "L" at Nukeproof (btw more than 12cm longer than my Bergamont at 108cm wheelbase), or is it my best choice to take the Meta at "M"?
Someone here who have the same riding requirements and had the same decisions to make ;-) ?

ride on...

Thank you Smile
But this is not a Scout or a Meta HT, but a 2015 RM Blizzard (fatbike) frame. I love the geometry of that bike so I converted it. This is a small frame with a short reach. I love that feeling between a dirt jump and a mountain bike. I'm 5,7 ft but I prefer small bike... all my bikes are small. Chainstay is long (455 mm), so not really suitable for manuals. However, it is stable at high speed. I can manual a little bit and doing infinite wheely, but it's not the easiest bike for that.

Anyway, as the frame is the only cheap part of my bike, and I also what to buy a Scout 275 or Chromag steel frame, I tried to break the frame in the past few weeks (in Whistler and Kamloops Bike Ranch). I really tried... seriously... with brutal landings, putting all my weight at the wrong time... but it is still in good condition !! Unable to break it Frown Hardtail are bulletproof (but not bottom bracket and rear spokes!!!)

@Scotj009
Awesome bike wow Fab

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
That's insanely nice - I like your bumble bee transportation Razz

Haha thought people would just tell me to get the f*ck out, First proper test today 15 mile ride to work and then the same home, what a bike, so fast on fire paths and then its pretty quick on the roads too Big Grin

Will post some pictures when its been neatened up a bit Salute

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
nubbs wrote:
photo
I love the industrial look of this, those silver nipples on the wheels are a great touch, ant that 36" ... and those wear marks on cranks shows that it loves to be ridden.

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
Is that one of Tsox's frames??^^

Scotjs commuter is pretty cool to be fair, though I'd want a bit of squish up front! Not ridden a rigid fork since like '97!!lol!!

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
That's an early Doug Fir proto! Nubbs was staying with us when he first moved to Bend. So he got a early frame for pretty cheap. Fully raw and not cleaned up at all! It's huge!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
Dav82 wrote:

Scotjs commuter is pretty cool to be fair, though I'd want a bit of squish up front! Not ridden a rigid fork since like '97!!lol!!

May buy a yari for the gnarly days but the rigid will do for the mainly fire road and back lanes with occasional singletrack that my commute offers, will also do the Dirt Jumps on it at some point but that's just for the shits and giggles Razz

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
That's an early Doug Fir proto! Nubbs was staying with us when he first moved to Bend. So he got a early frame for pretty cheap. Fully raw and not cleaned up at all! It's huge!

Thought so! Still looks in proportion even though it's massive!

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Dav82 wrote:

May buy a yari for the gnarly days but the rigid will do for the mainly fire road and back lanes with occasional singletrack that my commute offers, will also do the Dirt Jumps on it at some point but that's just for the shits and giggles Razz

Sounds like a fun commute! How do you ever make it to work??

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
Well... Its a bike shop so... Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028217
Mobile Version of Website