Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)

PB Forum :: USA - East
Roll Call: FL Freeriders/Trailriders (North, Central, & South)
Posted: Jan 30, 2012 at 19:13 Quote
Howdy im in leesburg and have ridden the vortex before. Maybe ill meet up with some people there.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 13:25 Quote
hey im gonna be going to college in key west and wondering wheres there to ride around there. i used to XC ride up in the Adirondacks in NY. this is definately gonna be a change of scenery and i don't wanna give up trail riding.

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 18:22 Quote
torikorocks wrote:
hey im gonna be going to college in key west and wondering wheres there to ride around there. i used to XC ride up in the Adirondacks in NY. this is definately gonna be a change of scenery and i don't wanna give up trail riding.
None that I know in Key West though a few up in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.....

"Markham Park" is the big ticket along with the new MTB Park "Virginia Key", but there is also "Oleta", "Amelia Earhart", "Quit Waters", and a few more as well, but those are the main ones.

For purely XC,, then "Virginia Key & "Oleta" are the ticket. If very challenging features are your game, then "Markham Park" is all there. Though it does have easy trails as well, and about any other thing in that huge Park.

Posted: Feb 14, 2012 at 13:00 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
torikorocks wrote:
None that I know in Key West though a few up in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.....

"Markham Park" is the big ticket along with the new MTB Park "Virginia Key", but there is also "Oleta", "Amelia Earhart", "Quit Waters", and a few more as well, but those are the main ones.

For purely XC,, then "Virginia Key & "Oleta" are the ticket. If very challenging features are your game, then "Markham Park" is all there. Though it does have easy trails as well, and about any other thing in that huge Park.

thanks ill have to check those out.

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 19:03 Quote
hey guys, miami rider here and im kinda new to mountain biking but im into XC riding and also dirt jumping when i get a chance, ive only been to the trails virginia key and amelia but im probably heading to markham on the weekend. i ride a 2002 stumpjumper pro but its barley stock. but does any one know any places in the miami area for dirtjumping?

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 18:25 Quote
TuRTl3TF wrote:
hey guys, miami rider here and im kinda new to mountain biking but im into XC riding and also dirt jumping when i get a chance, ive only been to the trails virginia key and amelia but im probably heading to markham on the weekend. i ride a 2002 stumpjumper pro but its barley stock. but does any one know any places in the miami area for dirtjumping?
First & foremost.....Welcome!!!

No Markham yet.......Facepalm

Got to go there bro, that place is sooooo sweet and challenging as well. I have never rode VK yet, as I live 180 miles north of Miami, so with gas prices up, not much traveling any more.

.....but seriously, you have to hit up Markham. tup

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 at 9:08 Quote
Looking for any spots near Jacksonville to do some free/ dh riding.... Tnx

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
DRamos26 wrote:
Looking for any spots near Jacksonville to do some free/ dh riding.... Tnx
Sorry bro, their is none....Wink

The nearest is near Tallahassee and a dual slalom in Gainesville that I am aware of. Besides that, not sure, as FL is flat from north FL southward...hahaha. Its sad too, as their are some real nice size hills to utilize from central to north FL.

Anyways, head up to SC or GA for the nearest DH runs.

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 at 16:13 Quote
Are the slaloms in gainsville any fun, do u know the spots name.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2012 at 21:27 Quote
DRamos26 wrote:
Are the slaloms in gainsville any fun, do u know the spots name.

I believe the slaloms are at the rock off of newberry rd.

I am from Ocala and chiming in, I am mostly XC and red trails, the slalom at the rock is pretty much the only jumps I have hit and only found out about them because they are part of a racing series going on there every Wed night for 6 weeks during the summer. It is only like 4 table tops and 2 berms.
I have gone on small line jumps at the vortex but it just doesn't flow for me very well (because of speed).
ride on.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 15:28 Quote
jacksonville djs corner of beach and peach behind oreillys auto, there beeeg 5 lines.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 23:48 Quote
Hello folks, if I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Shane. Ride a Black Market Killswitch w/ Deity, Rock Shox, Mavic & Hayes component. Just stopping to say hey to all the FL freeride bros & let you know, if you are up in Northwest Florida area (near Pensacola), check out the UWF bike trails, especially the Games Loop side freeride areas. Clay pit w/ big drops, roll ins, jumps, ladders & speedy lil lines full of berms & kickers. Good fun.

Posted: Jul 31, 2012 at 17:28 Quote
u.s national finals, florida racers on the podium 12 times downhill and dual slalom ,rippin.

Posted: Aug 24, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
ormond beach has some nice dirt jumps on division st .good flow

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 at 14:09 Quote
windrock fall fest dh freeride central -oct 13 windrock atv.com no race tons of fun ,oliver springs tenn. they,ll be shuttleing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030251
Mobile Version of Website