PITCH PRO or TREK REMEDY 7

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
PITCH PRO or TREK REMEDY 7
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 9:46 Quote
I know I am looking for an all mountain rig just cant decide which one. 2010 models is what I have looked at but I'm open to all makes and years I just want to get the best ride for my cash! any info will really help thank you!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 9:54 Quote
i would go for the remedy, they are sick bikes, still unmatched in performance. Treks full floater design is awesome.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
z-man wrote:
i would go for the remedy, they are sick bikes, still unmatched in performance. Treks full floater design is awesome.

so would i , remedys are awesome bikes

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
i bought a 2010 emedy 7 in the fall to replace my 06 reign, and I love it, awesome really. 29lbs even, almost all stock.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
depends - harder hitting am/self powerd uplift - defo the pitch
- cross country/singletrack/ all day thrashing - the remedy

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
thelumberjack wrote:
depends - harder hitting am/self powerd uplift - defo the pitch
- cross country/singletrack/ all day thrashing - the remedy

i disagree, the remedy is just as much, if not more of a heavy hitter, the fuel EX is their single track bike. The remedy can be hauled down some gnarly stuff.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 15:13 Quote
not to mention the remedy has more travel, and a beefier head tube, with the E2

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 16:54 Quote
i dont mean to be blunt but the pitch is built as a more hardcore bike (double and guide istead of triple etc) and has a wider bar and shorter stem as stock. i reckon the remedy with the weight saving may be the better all rounder however with my moneys its the spesh - and correct me if im wrong but they both have 150mm??

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 17:15 Quote
thelumberjack wrote:
i dont mean to be blunt but the pitch is built as a more hardcore bike (double and guide istead of triple etc) and has a wider bar and shorter stem as stock. i reckon the remedy with the weight saving may be the better all rounder however with my moneys its the spesh - and correct me if im wrong but they both have 150mm??

no the pitch is 140, i would say the remedy is the stronger and more burly frame. the pitch is more comparable to the fuel EX 5. And like i said, the remedy is made with a tapered head tube, making it stiffer. The type of stem a bike comes with doen't really matter. the remedy is the stronger bike, with more travel, and a beefier head tube.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
Also, stem and triple don't really mean anything. If you wanted a short stem on the Remedy you could put on on there no problem. And take off the 3rd ring and replace it with a bashguard. Both require little effort and shouldn't make you change your mind about any bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
Also, stem and triple don't really mean anything. If you wanted a short stem on the Remedy you could put on on there no problem. And take off the 3rd ring and replace it with a bashguard. Both require little effort and shouldn't make you change your mind about any bike.
exactly.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 21:28 Quote
Awesome thanks for the input! It all was really helpful and looks like I have and extra bit of saving to do because the remedy seems like the way to go. I was pretty sure i just didn't want to believe it haha I WANT A NEW BIKE!

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 21:37 Quote
yeah dude, the remedy has so much engineering in it, it was the first bike that came with a tapered steer tube. and has a bunch of other cool stuff, like the full floater design, ABP, super light weight and stiff mag rocker link, and un even chain stays which make the rear end super stiff under pedal forces. Its a really sweet bike.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
sounds like it, everything i have read is positive. do you know if the price is worth the difference in the higher end models and the 7? is the frame the same?

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 21:58 Quote
don't forget about the new devinci bikes with the split pivot...
http://www.devinci.com/bikes/scategory_31

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012149
Mobile Version of Website