best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
Posted: Feb 22, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
Fox are hands down amazing forks. Love them. As for shocks, I've heard great reviews from both the Cane Creek Double Barrel and the new Rock Shox Vivid, or you could go with the trusty Fox DHX. The only sad part is they all get schooled compared to a Curnutt.

that is complete and utter b/s.

having spent much time on the CCDB and the Curnutt, I'd sooner a good frame with low leverage ratio and the CCDB than a Curnutt setup. Curnutt is the best stable platform shock out there, and it's super plush unlike the other stable platform shocks out there, but the CCDB is the most versitile shock you'll find. Has a wider tuning range than any shock you'll find, with zero spill over. Still nothing out there competes with the CCDB IMHO. I've owned DHX's, Swingers, Evolvers, Van's, you name it. I've owned 3 CCDB's on my last three bikes, and I won't be switching out any time soon.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
if i were to buy a crappy 06 vanilla r and have it PUSHed, would it be competitive at all with other shocks like dhx or vivid in terms of performance?

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
wellsy wrote:
nlitworld wrote:
Fox are hands down amazing forks. Love them. As for shocks, I've heard great reviews from both the Cane Creek Double Barrel and the new Rock Shox Vivid, or you could go with the trusty Fox DHX. The only sad part is they all get schooled compared to a Curnutt.

that is complete and utter b/s.

having spent much time on the CCDB and the Curnutt, I'd sooner a good frame with low leverage ratio and the CCDB than a Curnutt setup. Curnutt is the best stable platform shock out there, and it's super plush unlike the other stable platform shocks out there, but the CCDB is the most versitile shock you'll find. Has a wider tuning range than any shock you'll find, with zero spill over. Still nothing out there competes with the CCDB IMHO. I've owned DHX's, Swingers, Evolvers, Van's, you name it. I've owned 3 CCDB's on my last three bikes, and I won't be switching out any time soon.
what do u have to say about elka and BOS shocks?

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
TOTALLY AGREE!!! Run one of the DHX Air's on my DH and FR bikes and it is definitly better but mostly personal preference between coil and air and suspension design. I nu maestro on my glory DH and have it weighin in at 38.7 pounds after lots of upgrades!

JoeYo wrote:
Fox DHX 5.0 Air. Many adjustments and its simply a Fox. tup
A much nicer feel/ride than DHX 5.0 coil version(unless ur doing heavy DH or Freeride Hucks).

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 23:16 Quote
no bos?

mmmm bos, french, stictionless, yeah boy

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 23:23 Quote
i love my revox.

it is lightyears ahead of my old DHX 5.0

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
Kiran wrote:
if i were to buy a crappy 06 vanilla r and have it PUSHed, would it be competitive at all with other shocks like dhx or vivid in terms of performance?
anyone know??

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
Kiran wrote:
Kiran wrote:
anyone know??

Its close. A push vanilla absolutely rips, esp if its the piggyback RC model.

Its not as nice as say the new MX kit for DHX from push, but still, a damn good shock.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
how do i go about sending my shock to push? do you know how much they would charge to put a titanium coil on a marzocchi roco world cup? thanks.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
im currently running a dhx air.... it is so nice. sooooo much adjustment

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
how do i go about sending my shock to push? do you know how much they would charge to put a titanium coil on a marzocchi roco world cup? thanks.
Why would you send a shock to push just to put on a titanium spring?

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
and to rebuild it
Oh nevermind then, haha

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 21:24 Quote
I would recommend the Fox DHX RC4. It is the most user friendly and easy to adjust. The Cane Creek DB works great while it works, but blew out 2 DB's in less then 2 weeks! I'm going back to the DHX.

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 20:33 Quote
Threads 4 years old buddy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013603
Mobile Version of Website